Bye Bye Marbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You've gone nuts if you dont think Steph is the best player on your roster. I'm not mad at him for not playing. Every man should have some pride.

It's funny how management and front-office types always look out for their best interests @ the players' expense and ppl say nothing, yet when a player looks out for his interests and whats best for him @ the organizations expense, he gets flamed by the fans..... I mean its a two way relationship. They treat you like ****, then they should get **** back.

So i respect Steph for doing what he did. He was playing well in pre-season and even said that he would embrace a bench role to make it work if that's what was needed from him..... then all of a sudden they bench him for no apparent reason when the season rolls around and throw him under the bus like he's trash?

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dude, he doesn't play. He's being paid millions. They basically own them.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You've gone nuts if you dont think Steph is the best player on your roster. I'm not mad at him for not playing. Every man should have some pride.

It's funny how management and front-office types always look out for their best interests @ the players' expense and ppl say nothing, yet when a player looks out for his interests and whats best for him @ the organizations expense, he gets flamed by the fans..... I mean its a two way relationship. They treat you like ****, then they should get **** back.

So i respect Steph for doing what he did. He was playing well in pre-season and even said that he would embrace a bench role to make it work if that's what was needed from him..... then all of a sudden they bench him for no apparent reason when the season rolls around and throw him under the bus like he's trash?
He's getting paid! They're not!

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Every man should have pride, but every man should respect his employer's demands... The intent of his contract isn't to watch the Knicks play for 250,000 a game.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Off topic Yankees, but what is with your unconceived notion of thinking David Lee is a very good player?

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What makes you say he's bad? In the year we gave him the most minutes, he rewarded us with the 10th most RPG, and became the first player to average a double double off the bench...

He may not be great on paper, but you've probably never watched him play...

Since we're off topic, and attacking my favorite player: What happened to JJ yesterday? 1/6 from 3? Missed 2 wide open ones on back to back possessions?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He's overrated, he'll never be anything more than a solid role player, unlike what you think when you say in the last page that he is MUCH better. You act like he's the best player on your team. And yes, I have seen him play.

And what does JJ have to do with anything? I thought you were the one guy on this forum who knew how to stay on topic in a debate. And in anycase, bad shooting nights happen? Just look at every game for the Knickerbockers...

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is a Marbury thread - stay on topic

and JJ shot like <Censored> against the Rockets, too LOL -- he did, but just playing

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some harsh words from Quentin Richardson yesterday.

Steph has become more of a cast-off than Dennis Rodman was.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He has yet to find his stroke this year, it's unfortunate because he's finally getting the PT. If he was shooting normally he could be averaging 8-10 PPG right now, instead of just 4.3

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lee is finally getting the minutes he deserves, and look at his stats the last 4 games - 13/12/, 22/12, 12/13, 17/15.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why is this a Redick and Lee topic now?

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't compare Lee to Redick... I just mentioned him because you took a shot at Lee.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
I wonder who picks up Marbury..

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not getting into all this but, he needs out and they should buy him out.
No trades will happen, and they really would be better without him.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No reason to trade him unless irts for Marion, we need to keep his contract.

I understand where both sides are coming from. Nobody seen what was coming when Marbury was getting PT in the pre-season, and then all of a sudden benched.

I understand his choice not to play, and we should release him. Plain and simple, no buyout, release him. Only trade him unless we're getting all expirings (which is probably impossible)

But Ive always likes Steph, still do, he's always been one of my favorite players and was estatic when he was traded to NY. But he hasnt been himself since his 2nd season with us. Not the player he once wasm but still a good player.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Government needs to rob him. With all the economic trouble we are in we have some arrogant punk getting paid how much money to not go to a game, HE'S GETTING PAID A QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS TO WATCH A GAME.

So, here's hoping people rob Stephon, no violence of course, just take his money away. Then we're all good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%