Blazers Want Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Several sources with knowledge of the situation have told Tommy Dee that the Portland Trailblazers are getting serious about trading for David Lee.

The Blazers’ organization feels Lee’s style of play would fit perfectly in Portland as he can play in both the half court system and get out and run as well as any forward in the NBA.

The Knicks may be interested in Jerryd Bayless, who has fallen behind Sergio Rodriguez on their depth chart, and whom the team passed on in this year’s draft or Rodriguez, but the combination of either and a first round pick won’t be enough to entice Walsh. This is where a third team may get involved.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It would be a good trade for Portland, would add depth, which they need at big man. I don't think Bayless will be much in the NBA besides a bench shooter anyway.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't you think Lee wants to be a starter?

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
I'd rather be a bench player on Portland then a starter for the Knicks

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lee is gonna be a free agent at seasons end and deserves a nice long contract.
put that with Roy, Aldridge, Rodriguez, Fernandez, Oden, Outlaw, etc. getting nice deals, idk how they could afford all those guys. plus Webster already has a long contract and now that Darius Miles is gonna be playing they have to pay for him too.

Bayless is nice, but the Knicks should hold onto Lee IMO

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright, we'll trade Lee for Bayless when we could have drafted him...

SMH

We're going to have to move Lee, but I think it should be for another big man, if we were to trade him we will be stuck with Jared Jeffries playing center.

Curry is expected to make an appearance this upcoming week, but I dont expect him to see much time.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you think the Lee/Curry for Diaw/Bell talks will start again?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you think the Lee/Curry for Diaw/Bell talks will start again?

I hope not.

I would rather Bayless and another teams first and whatever the third team sends, like the article says.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Donnie Walsh denied that he is working on a three-way deal with the Blazers and Clippers, but several team sources confirmed that Walsh and the Knicks' coaching staff have discussed the possibility of adding Marcus Camby, who was traded from Denver to the Clippers last July.

Portland has been trying for months to acquire David Lee, who will become a restricted free agent this summer. Mike D'Antoni would prefer to have Camby as his center as opposed to the shorter Lee, who has improved offensively but has struggled on the defensive end.

There was a report of the Knicks being involved in a deal that would send Quentin Richardson to the Clippers and Lee to Portland, with the Knicks getting back Camby and former Knicks first-round pick Channing Frye. Walsh, however, denied having discussed that trade with the Clippers and Blazers.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL Q back in L.A.
that'll be fun

Knicks would get older, yes, but Camby is better than Lee and would also thrive with D'Antoni the way Lee is.
oh yeah, Camby comes off the books in 2010 hmmmm

Lee in Portland kills me though. hopefully they dont have enough to re-sign him in summer if this goes down

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yanks stop with the language.
You can talk without the need to swear.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I type the censored.

You can go suck a <censored>.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lee's staying for now.

But he's gone soon, we cant afford to keep him.... sadly

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol i was jk to

just wanted to see pistons and knicks fans fight :)

Reaction score
I like him but do agree he doesn't seem like he will stay...I would love to see guys like Webster/Outlaw in a Knicks uniform although Duhon looks like the main guy at point so Bayless doesn't have much of a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%