Billups: "I'm Not Mad"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Denver point guard Chauncey Billups, who has helped evaluate the Nuggets dramatically since being traded from Detroit, doesn't have any hard feelings against his old team.

"There are no hard feelings, none," Billups said. "I wasn't begging to be traded. And I've always said this: When I've heard rumors about me coming to Denver, of course my ears always perked up from my infatuation with being home.

"I'm not mad at (the Pistons) at all. I miss the guys on the team, and the city's been great to me, but I accomplished every single thing I could have accomplished in a Pistons jersey. So maybe it was time for a new challenge for me."

The Nuggets are 24-9 since acquiring Billups.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
That is true, he did accomplish pretty much everything he could with the Pistons, but to no suprise are there no hard feelings. Billups isn`t that kind of guy that would be bitter about that, another reason is that Denver has only lost 9 games since he showed up. Definately will see some emotions come out tonight from both sides.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Will always miss Billups, good thing there ain't any hard feelings.

But now we are about to spank his Carmelo-less Nuggets.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gotta get the taste of Blazers out of my mouth.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
It`s a very nasty taste. Although, right now there probably sweating it out hoping noone Signs Miles. I really hope someone does soon, so I can laugh at them for screwing up.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Billups should be happy he was traded to Denver. Nothing against Detroit, he just joined a better team in Denver. And he's become better than AI was on the Nuggets

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Oh, no doubt he`s happy. He is just misses Detroit for the team, atmosphere, players(him and Rip played like brothers), how Dumars treated the team, and a bunch of little things. But he understands this is a business, which is one reason why he doesn`t have any hard feelings.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Denver 25-13
Detroit 22-12

Its not like Detroit is going to win 4 straight, and Denver's still winnin without Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%