Big Ben for AK47?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
Ben Wallace appears to be on the block, being offered to the Lakers before Pau Gasol landed in L.A., and more recently being linked to the Knicks.

Another scenario, Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune is reporting, could be sending Wallace to the Utah Jazz for Andrei Kirilenko.

According to Smith, trading Kirilenko for Wallace would save the Jazz $21 million as Kirilenko is paid more annually than Wallace. With an extension, most likely for the max, coming up for Deron Williams it may make sense.

In the off season Kirilenko was upset at the Jazz and asked to be traded, and while his play and attitude do not appear to have been a distraction for Utah this season, he has never actually rescinded that trade request.

Asked by reporters about a trade, according to Smith, Kirilenko hardly said he would like to stay.

"It's not that I want to be traded, but I'm ready to be," he said. "Anybody in this league, they understand that position. Nobody wants to be traded. We're playing good. And I want to be part of it. But, again, it's a business—and it's not in my hands."

Wallace has told friends that he expects to be traded, and according to Smith the New York Knicks are high on his preference list.

"I just go out and do what I do," he said. "I'm fine with how it's going. Again, that's on management. There are a lot of teams out there making deals, trying to get better. Who knows? It don't worry me. It's a part of the business. If they're going to trade you, there's not much you can do. You have the best job in the world. It would just be in a different city. It don't bother me. The only time it starts bothering me is when nobody wants me."

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I stopped reading when I saw the name Sam Smith. All he does is come up with trade rumors and the majority of the time nothing happens.

bulls12

Reaction score
I stopped reading when I saw the name Sam Smith. All he does is come up with trade rumors and the majority of the time nothing happens.
lol, he must be the guy who rumors every Bulls trade, because every time I hear a trade that might go down in Chicago, it never happens.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
is he the one who started the kobe bryant rumors?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maple you always post stuff I was getting ready to post.

Anyways I doubt this happens Andrei just said he was happy in Utah..Ben wouldn't help them anyways.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Once again going for another SF....not what they need, well not until Deng and Nocioni are gone.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Actually, they need just about everything... They don't have a point guard, they don't have an inside or outside scorer... Basically, they suck.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, he must be the guy who rumors every Bulls trade, because every time I hear a trade that might go down in Chicago, it never happens.
He also wrote the legendary Jordan rules

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont see the point of this trade for Chicago, but Big Ben is on the downslope of his career.

IMO Kirilenko is one of the most overrated players in the game, I dont understand why poeple think he's such a star, yes he is a "do it all" type player but the best he can EVER be is a third option.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont see the point of this trade for Chicago, but Big Ben is on the downslope of his career.

IMO Kirilenko is one of the most overrated players in the game, I dont understand why poeple think he's such a star, yes he is a "do it all" type player but the best he can EVER be is a third option.
AK is overrated, but 2-3 years ago, he was the man. He could do it all including making the majority of his shots, but he has really lost himself since Boozer and Williams have come in.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AK is overrated, but 2-3 years ago, he was the man. He could do it all including making the majority of his shots, but he has really lost himself since Boozer and Williams have come in.

I believe he was overrated then, he has always been a good player, but he isnt as good as many think he is....to put it "simply" his stats are alot better then he is.

Dont get me wrong he is a top notch defender, but he isnt as good as many think.

bulls12

Reaction score
I believe he was overrated then, he has always been a good player, but he isnt as good as many think he is....to put it "simply" his stats are alot better then he is.

Dont get me wrong he is a top notch defender, but he isnt as good as many think.
I'd have to agree with you there, his numbers have gotten worse lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%