Ben Gordon & Charlie Villanueva To Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also I heard Hamilton, Prince, and a pick for Amare has been discussed.

No idea if it's true, but..
Amare doesn't want to play Center. And then we would have a hole at SF, but that would be fun to watch even though we'd have like ZERO defense lol.

I doubt that would happen.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
At this point, I think we just need to get a young core together. And I think with a core of Stuckey, Amare, Gordon, and Villanueva we would be set. And just work from there.

But I think Dumars for some reason believes we will compete next year lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
At this point, I think we just need to get a young core together. And I think with a core of Stuckey, Amare, Gordon, and Villanueva we would be set. And just work from there.

But I think Dumars for some reason believes we will compete next year lol.
Oh yea, like I told Young I think Stuckey/Ben/Charlie is our young core for now. We are rebuilding but staying a playoff team. These signings also help us with our slipping ticket sales.

Dumars prolly does think this team can win LOL.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
So happy about this. BG and CV are definately steps in the right direction, following the firing of Curry.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Defense? *clap clap clap* Defense? *clap clap clap* Defense? *clap clap clap*

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
snowy incase you haven't realized, we haven't been a great defensive team in 3 years.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Ever since we won the championship our defense started to decline. Especially with the departure of Big Ben.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah so it's not like signing players who aren't great defensively would be any different.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yeah exactly. Everyone just needs to chill down. So we had ONE bad season in the past what, like 8? If it wasn't last season it was one of the seasons coming up. I think Joey is doing a great job so far. Now he just needs to complete the trades necessary to boost our front court up. He is heading us in the right direction if you ask me. We basically just signed a Rip Hamilton that is only 26 and heading into his prime in a year or so, and a very promising PF that is only 24.

High.Flyer88

Go yankees
Reaction score
Should improve the Pistons, but they are not NBA Finals caliber anymore. Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando, even Atlanta and Miami is going to pound Detroit the next few years.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Should improve the Pistons, but they are not NBA Finals caliber anymore. Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando, even Atlanta and Miami is going to pound Detroit the next few years.
Miami will not "pound" us lol, Atlanta will be losing JJ in 2010 and Boston isn't going to be a top team that much longer. We will be back to the normal Detroit winning ways in 3-4 years, and myself along with all the other Pistons fans are fine with that. But I would like to see some trades.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Boston may not be a "top team" for much longer, but they still are now and will have 2-3 years before they won't be. Especially if they get Rasheed Wallace; I don't like the guy but he'd be a good addition to their team if he can buy in to the concept of team.

As far as this goes, I'm not so sure. Detroit is building a young core, which is good, but I don't think they're building around the right kind of players. Gordon and Villanueva don't play any defense, and I don't think either will be star players. They should have waited until 2010 to sign free agents, there's much more available. In my opinion this was a desperate move by Dumars to try to get back into contention, but I don't think they're any better right now. They still have no front court, and they need a true PG. I guess we'll wait and see.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Surprisingly enough, I agree with all that. But like I said I think this was also a move to help sell more tickets. I do think we improved though, but we need to do something about our lack of D and thin front line ASAP.

Shadez

Reaction score
Yeah exactly. Everyone just needs to chill down. So we had ONE bad season in the past what, like 8? If it wasn't last season it was one of the seasons coming up. I think Joey is doing a great job so far. Now he just needs to complete the trades necessary to boost our front court up. He is heading us in the right direction if you ask me. We basically just signed a Rip Hamilton that is only 26 and heading into his prime in a year or so, and a very promising PF that is only 24.

BG will never be another Rip Hamilton. You guys will see when it comes down to those last second shots and he can't even get a shot off because he's too small. The worst is when you need to get a shot off and instead he throws his body into a defender and doesn't get the calls. He killed me with that the past 5 years. argh! I would have like to keep him around but after putting much thought into it the guy can flat out score. He'll give you 20 a night but he'll also give the other team 20+ a night which equals out to nothing in the end. If you can convince him to come off the bemch and be a sixth man he's probably much more valuable in that role. But I just can't see paying a 6th man that kind of $$$

Shadez

Reaction score
Boston may not be a "top team" for much longer, but they still are now and will have 2-3 years before they won't be. Especially if they get Rasheed Wallace; I don't like the guy but he'd be a good addition to their team if he can buy in to the concept of team.

As far as this goes, I'm not so sure. Detroit is building a young core, which is good, but I don't think they're building around the right kind of players. Gordon and Villanueva don't play any defense, and I don't think either will be star players. They should have waited until 2010 to sign free agents, there's much more available. In my opinion this was a desperate move by Dumars to try to get back into contention, but I don't think they're any better right now. They still have no front court, and they need a true PG. I guess we'll wait and see.

I agree! It was a desperate move but if it sells seats maybe he can dump a BG in a year or two to one of the smaller market teams in the league to sell their seats out.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ben is one of the most clutch players lol, he shoots a better percentage from three then he does from the inside, and his 4th quarter percentage let alone last 3 minutes percentage is good enough. I bet you wouldn't be saying all this if Chicago kept him LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%