Are the Magic really a better team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DeMar Derozan isn't much right now, the kid is a project and shouldn't be expected to do anything big right away. Marco Belinelli is an average bench player at best, I like Jarrett Jack but he's nothing too special, Bargnani's hit and miss and their bench other than the two guys I just named is terrible. I mean come on, Rasho Nesterovic? Do I need to call up Stephen A. Smith to tell you about Rasho Nesterovic?

I'm not saying this team can't make the playoffs, but you act as though they're competing for the 4th seed which is utterly false. You bring up the roster of when they made the playoffs two years ago, keep in mind that was in the Eastern Conference which 2-5 years ago was the worst conference in basketball by a large margin. The East will be more competitive this year, and it's going to be a lot harder than you think for the Raptors to make the playoffs considering they were one of the worst teams in basketball last year...
I think we underachieved last year, we really showed how good we were at the last part of the season when we went on that huge winning streak. DeMar DeRozan is an upgrade over Parker though, at least I'd expect him not to take stupid shots like I thought Parker did, Parker was so inconsistent. And Hedo replaces Moon pretty easily lol, we addressed the weak spots, and added to the bench.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A project rookie is never an upgrade over a proven vet, I do like Demar but he's not going to have a huge impact, he will help though.

VC15

Reaction score
Craptors will not break .500 this year. 06-07 was a big time fluke and the Eastern Conference is much improved since then.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Craptors will not break .500 this year. 06-07 was a big time fluke and the Eastern Conference is much improved since then.
Lol Craptors... I still think it's funny.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Again, you just hate on Toronto teams. When they're over .500 by the end of the season, I can't wait to quote this.

VC15

Reaction score
Again, you just hate on Toronto teams. When they're over .500 by the end of the season, I can't wait to quote this.

LOL at you bringing up quotes. You're the last person on this site that has the right to do that.
The Craptors have sucked since that fluke year and haven't really done much to bring them back to the top of the conference or even being a .500 team.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL at you bringing up quotes. You're the last person on this site that has the right to do that.
The Craptors have sucked since that fluke year and haven't really done much to bring them back to the top of the conference or even being a .500 team.
What are you talking about, the last 2 seasons before last years they made the playoffs...

VC15

Reaction score
The Nets have made the playoffs every year this decade with the exception of the last two. My point is that your team has gotten worse by the year while the conference has improved greatly.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So your telling me the Raptors got worse this off-season?

VC15

Reaction score
No. But you didn't improve enough to become a definete playoff team.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm not saying they won't make the playoffs, but I'm not saying they will. They're borderline, not the lock you think they are...

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I'm not saying they won't make the playoffs, but I'm not saying they will. They're borderline, not the lock you think they are...
This... Also, I can't believe we got Jason Williams.

I'd rather "skip to my lou" again.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I don't see Skip as a loss at all because we wouldn't have even acquired him had Nelson not been injured. If Nelson returns 100%, he's far better than Skip, and Williams is just a backup that we can always pull the plug on if he isn't productive.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I don't see Skip as a loss at all because we wouldn't have even acquired him had Nelson not been injured. If Nelson returns 100%, he's far better than Skip, and Williams is just a backup that we can always pull the plug on if he isn't productive.
Of course he's much better; but, Skip did hold his <Censored> up during the playoffs...

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Of course he did, half the time. He was very inconsistent and it hurt us. His best games, he was amazing. I think it was Game 4 versus the Cavaliers where he was going off, and Game 3 vs. the Lakers; I loved that Skip. But the Skip who didn't show up to half the games hurt us.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Of course he did, half the time. He was very inconsistent and it hurt us. His best games, he was amazing. I think it was Game 4 versus the Cavaliers where he was going off, and Game 3 vs. the Lakers; I loved that Skip. But the Skip who didn't show up to half the games hurt us.
Dude, he balled the <Censored> out in Game 4, I lived with three roommates and one guy was a LeBron fan and the rest of us were Magic fans. Needless to say he went to bed pissed out of his mind after all the <Censored> we were talking, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%