Amir Johnson Will Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AUBURN HILLS -- As expected, Amir Johnson will be in the Detroit Pistons' starting lineup as they open preseason play at Miami on Sunday.

Pistons coach Michael Curry made the announcement following the team's morning practice just a few minutes ago.

"He does things without having to have the basketball," Curry said of Johnson. "He does all those intangibles in which, by being active, he's able to create some offensive opportunities for himself."

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
About time. Everyone will see what Amir is made of this year. Hopefully this will a regular season thing too.

Let's go Amir, stop the nay-sayers.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
JJ Redick starts in the preseason, this doesn't mean much...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, Curry already said that Dyess will most likely come off the bench this year, so I'm guessing he will start in the regular season too.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Over Maxiell? That's an awful decision. Amir Johnson is garbage...

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CC is right, Amir Johnson is garbage
one of the few NBA related topics we could agree on :)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Amir shouldn't get more than 18mins a game. He can start but Max should be getting atleast 7 more mins a game. Plus we have Dyess who will get about 10mins at PF and 10 at C, then we got Kwame who will see around 18mins a game.

lol we better sort this problem out quick, 5 PF/C and one SF/PF(Herrmann) thats a lot of players who will see atleast 7mins at one of them postions with 3 of them getting around 20+mins a night.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Herrmann won't play that much. Air Max,Kwame and the starters will see a lot of time. Unless Amir shows something, which he should he won't get that much pt.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Over Maxiell? That's an awful decision. Amir Johnson is garbage...
He's not garbage, but I deff don't think he's a better option than Jason Maxiell yet. I guess we'll just have to see if he actually starts over him in the regular season too.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's not garbage, but I deff don't think he's a better option than Jason Maxiell yet. I guess we'll just have to see if he actually starts over him in the regular season too.
OMG thank you Yas. But Maxiell has to cut back on the fouls also,

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Start him over Maxiel? Idk about that. I dont know much about Amir to tell you the truth, but Maxiel looks legit.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Start him over Maxiel? Idk about that. I dont know much about Amir to tell you the truth, but Maxiel looks legit.
I wanna see Max as our starter too, but you have to think. Max does waay better as that energy guy off the bench. Now unless he can bring that still starting and then Amir comes in with that energy too then we will be fine.

Grandy, Herrmann was resigned because Curry and Dumars liked his game as I was saying last season. They also felt he was ready to see around 15-18 mins a game backing up Tay and at times playing PF.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WTF don't you guys get about Maxiell coming off the bench to provide us that spark? If you think it's a bad choice you know NOTHING about the Pistons.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Then start McDyess...

Amir Johnson is nowhere near the skill of an NBA Starter, most NBA big men would rip him apart.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They are putting Dyess back on the bench... Once again, I don't see what there isn't to get.

You guys say he is garbage before he even see's good minutes. That's laughable.

But when I say that about Redick it's a different story?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm going by all of your logic, obviously we're both being hypocrites.\

This move makes Kwame the THIRD big man off the bench, what was the point of signing him then? Ensure a spot on the Not Top 10 every week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%