2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Theres a picture of Plumlee clealy putting his off hand on LeBrons side. You're not allowed to do that.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Yeah you can. If it creates no disadvantage to the offensive player, it's not a foul. That's why they don't blow the whistle for every little bit of contact.

Aside from that...how pissed off would you be if your team lost a game on THAT call? Oh, Plumlee barely touched a part of LeBron's body nowhere near the ball and it didn't affect the shot, 2 free throws!

Now, I saw a better replay earlier and Plumlee MAY have gotten Lebron's hand before the ball. I dunno. Tough call, which is why I think it was a no call, but LeBron's reaction to it is EXACTLY why people love to hate him. He feels entitled to every little whistle, and it's just obnoxious. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It gives you leverage and pushes a player out of position. The rule is straight up, not attempt a block with one hand and balance your other hand on the opponents hip while straight.

You seem to know the exact mindset of every star player, it's quite impressive. He thought he got fouled (there was contact), he complained, like every player on every team does when they feel they've been wronged.

Joe Johnon clearly reached in and hit him on gather as well.

I get why it was a no call, and it's fine, but to deny a foul did occur, isn't right. Defining a foul as "it has to create a disadvantage to the offensive player", doesn't seem right to me as well. Players like LeBron, Melo, etc.. can absorb contact with seemingly no effect on them, but it's still a foul.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
elcheato said:
It gives you leverage and pushes a player out of position. The rule is straight up, not attempt a block with one hand and balance your other hand on the opponents hip while straight.

You seem to know the exact mindset of every star player, it's quite impressive. He thought he got fouled (there was contact), he complained, like every player on every team does when they feel they've been wronged.

Joe Johnon clearly reached in and hit him on gather as well.

The entire play looked clean in real time. It doesn't matter. No foul that actually affected the shot was committed. That's why there was no whistle. It was the right call, situationally, and to act like LeBron isn't one of the most demonstrative complainers in the league is kind of silly. He's at the very top, right next to Chris Paul. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When you absorb and take some of the most contact in the league, naturally there are more oppurtunuties to complain. It's kind of silly to have a witch hunt against stars who complain, because everyone in the league complains.

Fans constantly complaining about refs is worse and more annoying than players doing it on the court.

dcpwner

Reaction score
I personally complained about 100x as much as DRose did when he wasn't getting calls. Rose was a superstar who got 0 calls and he may have said 1 thing 1 time about it.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Refs clearly hate the Heat.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only thing stopping them from a three-pete is that damn Adam Silver.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
The only thing stopping them from a three-pete is that damn Adam Silver.
*Joey Crawford

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Have you ever heard the one about 2004?

Stern didnt want kobe to win coming off his trial

Lel

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ive heard that before
Almost next level conspiracy

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Ive heard that before
Almost next level conspiracy
just don't wanna admit we were the better team :p

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not me

Ive heard that before

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%