2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
earl clark is going to philly, too

Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
Follow
It's believed Pierre Jackson's reported deal w/Fenerbahce in Turkey has NBA out 'til Friday. Might allow him to stay if Pels find deal today
10:46 AM - 20 Feb 2014

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's a 3 million expiring. Shawn Marion is also a 9 million expiring

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
Follow
Kings still shopping Jimmer Fredette, unable to find deal for him so far, league sources tell Yahoo. A 2014 second-round pick could get him.
9:33 AM - 20 Feb 2014

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
earl clark is going to philly, too
Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
Follow
It's believed Pierre Jackson's reported deal w/Fenerbahce in Turkey has NBA out 'til Friday. Might allow him to stay if Pels find deal today
10:46 AM - 20 Feb 2014
that's my favorite part of the deal

Also, I know it's a business, but that's pretty shitty of the pels if Pierre has to go overseas to get paid, because clearly, he doesn't belong in the d-league,

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score

In an effort to add depth to their front line as they chase a playoff spot, the Cleveland Cavaliers have traded for Philadelphia 76ers center Spencer Hawes, sources told ESPN.com, confirming multiple reports.

The 76ers have been trading for draft picks and prospects since last summer as part of a long-term rebuilding project, and this deal fits that mold. The Cavs sent the 76ers two second-round draft picks and backup forward Earl Clark, while Cleveland shipped backup center Henry Sims to Philadelphia to complete the deal.

Hawes, who is in the final year of a contract that pays him $6.6 million this season, averaged 13.0 points and 8.5 rebounds in 53 starts for the 76ers this season. The Cavs, who are three games out of the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference after a six-game win streak, had been in talks to get another center for several days.

Anderson Varejao has been out with a back injury and received a cortisone shot Wednesday to help deal with the issue. Clark, whose $4.25 million contract next season is not guaranteed, averaged 5.2 points and 2.8 rebounds in 45 games and shot 38 percent from the field for the Cleveland, which signed him as a free agent in the offseason.

In January, the Cavs dealt a first-round pick and two second-rounders to acquire forward Luol Deng from the Chicago Bulls. The team is spending many of the extra picks it acquired over the past three years to attempt to upgrade and end a three-year playoff drought.

Sims, whose $915,000 contract for next season is also non-guaranteed, has averaged just 2.2 points and 2.8 rebounds in 20 games this season.

Hawes ain't gonna look ass good without the ridiculous pace the 76ers play at but it's not like the Cavs gave up aynthing of value for him.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
that's my favorite part of the deal

Also, I know it's a business, but that's pretty shitty of the pels if Pierre has to go overseas to get paid, because clearly, he doesn't belong in the d-league,

I'd be willing to say Pierre Jackson is better than Brian Roberts straight up haha.

actually nvm I looked at this stats. I have negative connotations of the name Brian Roberts from baseball haha.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He doesn't have a place on the Pels, I'm sure most would agree. But seriously, let the guy go somewhere in the States, not Turkey

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bleacher Creature said:

Hawes ain't gonna look ass good without the ridiculous pace the 76ers play at but it's not like the Cavs gave up aynthing of value for him.
Two guards who both excel at penetrating on his team? I think he'll probably look better. Not that it matters. Hes decent, I'll probably be a little upset if its one of the Orlando 2nds we own. If its one if ours and Portlands, that's fine.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
He doesn't have a place on the Pels, I'm sure most would agree. But seriously, let the guy go somewhere in the States, not Turkey

Isn't Jrue hurt or is that over? They couldn't have used him as a backup PG during that stretch?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Funniest shit ever
Stop being so over confident lakers

Stein says lakers want a pick for hill but the nets want a pick for saving the lakers money

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
the pels do everything right though

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Funniest shit ever
Stop being so over confident lakers

Stein says lakers want a pick for hill but the nets want a pick for saving the lakers money
a second round pick. thats it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
2nd rounder i understand
I love hill, but mason plays just as hard if not harder and wont cost 17M and a pick

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
pissons are shopping smoove and we want picks and expiring's. we must not want to deal him.

denver and washington are close to trading vesley and maynor for andre miller

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wiz could definitely use miller
They havent had a backup point in a while. Maynor doesnt play idk if hes been hurt or what

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
pissons were also asking about granger but didnt like the price.

wtf

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wiz going for it
https://twitter.com/jasonlloydabj/status/436553142642425856

I could see him stay too, but hes going to test the market

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%