2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pistons losing early cause we aren't getting Drummond involved at all. Nice. Always is the case, and I don't know why nobody notices that. He gets involved early, we go up. He doesn't we go down. Pretty simple.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
holding onto his knee, holding onto his knee and down

I jixned Waiters

but he did baptize Hawes

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dion is dope. The Rookie game showed me enough to see he is gonna be damn good. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We've gone over this, there is no way he's declining that option. He'll be lucky to get a multi year deal that even equals that amount of money in free agency.
We've discussed it, but this isn't nolafan33 stating his personal opinion. I can name 4-5 people that are "in the know" that all stand strong that there is only one scenario where Gordon opts into that deal, and that is if he suffers a major injury between now and then. They strongly believe that him opting out of the last year is a given. I know you will probably hesitate to believe me, and maybe even laugh at the whole "insider" thing, but these are people who have a great history of getting their information right.

And don't be ridiculous about the multi year thing. Like I said, the only scenario where he doesn't opt out is because of an injury. And withstanding an injury, there is a 100% chance that one of the 29 teams in the league gives him a 3 year deal equaling 5.2M a season.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't laugh at insiders saying it. Stipulating that he'll only accept if he gets hurt is hedging bets big time. He's injury prone, at some point in the next year and a half, he's probably getting hurt. Even if he doesn't get hurt, I still don't see anyway he opts out, unless he goes absolutely crazy next year and averages 20 a game.

I don't think anyone is going to go 3 years with him, and a 2 year deal worth 16 mill is probably what he'd see, and it doesn't make sense to make that in 2 years, compared to 1.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
of course we'd be blowing a must win game.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol, best part is the Bobcats have missed like 10 FTs already. If they made some of those we'd be even more fucked right now. 

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
20 FTs in the 1st half for the Bobcats though. lel

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cheato the suns are going to try and get pau again

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jamal will still win sixth man with like 45 bench games smh

Redick is out 3-5 weeks and jamal will be starting unless doc tries to rig it, but i dont think he will because i dont think he can

Jamal has 35 bench games and the clips have 27 games left

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't laugh at insiders saying it. Stipulating that he'll only accept if he gets hurt is hedging bets big time. He's injury prone, at some point in the next year and a half, he's probably getting hurt. Even if he doesn't get hurt, I still don't see anyway he opts out, unless he goes absolutely crazy next year and averages 20 a game.

I don't think anyone is going to go 3 years with him, and a 2 year deal worth 16 mill is probably what he'd see, and it doesn't make sense to make that in 2 years, compared to 1.
At what point, does he shed that injury prone label? We're probably looking at around 16 months of him being healthy. It's easy to say that at some point he'll get hurt, but wouldn't that apply for the last 16 months or so?

And it's ok that you don't see anyway he opts out, but I trust these guys as much as I trust guys like woj. They don't have the wide range of sources around the league like him, but when it comes to the Pelicans they're always on point. I'd be surprised if he opted in.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The pels are always on point?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/bballforeverfb/status/435920200311910400

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel like this has been a terribly officiated game. 

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

According to a report from Alex Kennedy of Basketballinsiders.com, the Toronto Raptors have expressed interest in acquiring power forward Kenneth Faried of the Denver Nuggets. Raptors GM Masai Ujiri drafted Faried with the 22nd pick of the 2011 Draft when he was still GM of the Nuggets. 
Faried has been rumoured to be on the move since the start of the season. He will become a restricted free agent in the summer of 2015, and like all players, he is looking to get paid once his contract is up.
The report doesn’t specify who and what will be going to the Nuggets, but they will likely be looking for guard depth. Veteran guard Andre Miller is expected to be traded and they lost Nate Robinson to a season-ending ACL injury.
Greivis Vasquez might be one of the pieces going to Denver as his name has come up in trade talks. He is currently backing up Kyle Lowry and is averaging 19.4 minutes off the bench.

http://o.canada.com/sports/basketball/toronto-raptors-express-interest-in-kenneth-faried/

Could be good for cause we need something more at the PF position but at this point Amir is probably just as good as Faried anyways lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Solid 1-11 off the bench for Stuckey today. Keep on shooting Rodney. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%