2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
How important is Patrick Beverly, a strong defensive PG, to the Houston Rockets?

You subtract him and they struggle at home against the fucking Washington Wizards. Pat has turned from an obscure foreign league signing into a good defensive NBA PG who continues to develop his overall offensive game. His three point shot is getting better. He's finishing better near the hoop. This kid could be good. He reminds of early career Aaron Brooks, but with enough size to turn his relentless hustle into real defensive presence.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Blake's new signature move is the no look dunk
Head fakes and shows the ball like hes going to pass, then dunks

Think the rondo behind the back fake layup but from shoulder level and at the middle of the court for blake

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
How important is Patrick Beverly, a strong defensive PG, to the Houston Rockets?

You subtract him and they struggle at home against the fucking Washington Wizards. Pat has turned from an obscure foreign league signing into a good defensive NBA PG who continues to develop his overall offensive game. His three point shot is getting better. He's finishing better near the hoop. This kid could be good. He reminds of early career Aaron Brooks, but with enough size to turn his relentless hustle into real defensive presence.
Shooting worse from the field, 3pt line, FT line this year, assists are down, opponents are shooting 52.1% at the rim when guarded by Beverley (Aaron Brooks is the only Rocket with consistent playing time with a worse percentage).

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/433820732196261888

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really like that
I think sleeved jerseys would look good like that

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Darren Collison may be the fastest player in the league, good lord he moves.

Him and Ty Lawson are probably amongst the fastest.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
I really like that
I think sleeved jerseys would look good like that
maybe.

why did the league allow both long sleeves? remember a few years ago when they banned long sleeves and leg sleeves?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
maybe.
why did the league allow both long sleeves? remember a few years ago when they banned long sleeves and leg sleeves?
chris is injured still

And i know about tights. Stern banned them but everyone wears them again

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Shooting worse from the field, 3pt line, FT line this year, assists are down, opponents are shooting 52.1% at the rim when guarded by Beverley (Aaron Brooks is the only Rocket with consistent playing time with a worse percentage).

The fact of the matter is that the Rockets are better with him on the floor. The only necessary test, in this case, is the eye test, and if you'd watched Houston consistently, this year, you wouldn't feel the need to resort to meaningless stats that result from more minutes and a bigger role. Watch the damn player, and the damn team, then express your damn opinion. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
chris is injured still

And i know about tights. Stern banned them but everyone wears them again
hes injured but you still never see two long sleeve.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like when guys wear shooting sleeves with jersey sleeves

Btw, when did the arm sleeve become super popular? It just sort of happened the past few years, but im trying to pinpoint

Give AI credit for a trend that wont die
Like wilt with the headband and MJ with the shorts

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i love how the arm sleeve helps blood flow in your shooting arm, helps keep it lose and "warm" but everyone used to wear them on the opposite arm.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

The fact of the matter is that the Rockets are better with him on the floor. The only necessary test, in this case, is the eye test, and if you'd watched Houston consistently, this year, you wouldn't feel the need to resort to meaningless stats that result from more minutes and a bigger role. Watch the damn player, and the damn team, then express your damn opinion. 
The eye test is going to show me that he's hitting 35% of his 3s, which is not an improvement off of last year. But I guess it's  just the fact of the matter.

The "eye test" argument is just a bullshit way to avoid actual reason and say what you want to believe.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cj mccollum is smooooth

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Someone on the Warriors is getting shipped out

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah idk what to do if i was them anyways

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Figures we get some momentum, only to blow a second half lead to the Cavs at home going into the break..

The life of a Piston fan. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%