2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm deemed sensitive because I find it hard to believe that Kyrie would turn down a 5 year 90 million dollar max contract for a 1 year deal worth 9 million dollars.

It has nothing to do with his current state of mind, nothing to do with the team, the city, anything. It has to do with him turning down 81 million dollars in guaranteed money because he's unhappy with the team's lack of success, a lack of success he's contributing to with his non existent defense.

LaMarcus Alrdige was reportedly unhappy and wanted out of Portland in the off-season. Anyone want to ask him how he's feeling now?

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
well his team is winning, soooooo..

lol exactly.... you're implying that the cavs will turn it around which there is no guarantee of

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Which is the point. It's apparently a forgone conclussion he's gone, and turning down 82 million, because he is unhappy with losing with over a year to go before being a RFA, and over 2 years away if he became the first star ever to take the qualifying offer.

He's not turning down his first big pay day

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he was an unrestricted free agent, I'd agree that he's gone.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes technically not turning down his first pay day because the following year he'd get a huge check.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He has a history of injuries, don't think that's a risk he is willing to take

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Lakers were in position to take Joel Embiid, I would think about trading him, though. Depends where our other pick is, and who we'd be able to get with that.

But that's mainly because I believe Embiid will become the best center in the league, and I don't necessarily believe that opinion is shared by most.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All I'm reading here is that Pat Riley might as well have already signed Kyrie.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As far as the posts I've read, nobody has said that Kyrie is going to turn down that contract, just that he would absolutely love to get out of Cleveland. He'd just love that money more. I'd bet by the time he signs a new contract, it won't be in Cleveland.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pugz said he "expects him to leave". Leaving assumes via free agency. If you get traded, that's not you leaving, that's you getting sent away.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you can get technical all you want, but, he's not getting traded unless he asks for it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He doesnt even want to be a rfa because they will just keep him against his will

If he wants to trailblaze he could take the QO and go

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My son Mychel, who is good friends with Kyrie since they played together in Cleveland, says that Kyrie said that if he did leave the Cavaliers, and the rookie-scale contract that he’s on right now, he would definitely do it for the Lakers.

-mychal thompson

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving is close to firing his agent, Jeff Wechsler, according to a league source. We hear part of the reason Irving is seeking a new rep is that he intends on leaving the Cavs, while Wechsler wants him to stay. As we reported at the start of the season, Irving wants to come back home to the New York area — he’s from West Orange, N.J. — and play for the Knicks.
-ny daily news

He's going to be suiting up for a lot of teams, evidently.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
New york makes shit up

I trust MT more

I think kyrie likes kobe. Remember he challenged him 1 on 1

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And Mychal Thompson works as a broadcaster for the Lakers, who are enduring a tough season and would love an excuse to talk about anything that takes the focus off the poor product of the current Lakers team.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He doesnt make things up, trust me

He at least revealed his source unlike the daily news

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its not even far fetched
If he leaves his rookie deal

Chances are he will extend and force a trade if hes unhappy in a few years (not necessarily to the lakers)

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he leaves his rookie deal. Leaving his rookie deal requires leaving 81 million dollars, guaranteed, on the table. And if the rumors of his off the court lifestyle are anywhere near true, there's not a chance of that happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%