2012 NFL Draft Thread.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think someone has to be a 1st or 2nd round pick in order for you to like them.

Like last year, I liked Greg McElroy as a propect, but not as a starting QB. This year, I like Russell Wilson, but I wouldn't draft him before the 6th round.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I like Moore to as a player, but not as a prospect. I like Cousins as both. I'm just confused as to how Kam feels with Cousins.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I like Kirk Cousins, but I still wouldn't draft him before the 5th round. Hes not a great QB.. Will make his money as a career backup.

TTN2810

Reaction score
5th? lol
He'll be a starter eventually. A good Kyle Orton kind of guy, if not Dalton-ish.

Like I said, someone will take him 40-60. This is my bold prediction for the draft. Also, like I saw on the tape, everyone who's at the practises say he's got great velocity and is really impressive.

IMO QB's go like this.

1st Round: Luck, Griffin, Osweiler/Tannehill.
2nd Round: Osweiler/Tannehill, Cousins, Foles.
3rd Round: Lindley, Weeden.

QB driven league, QB's rise.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brandon Weeden would probably have been looked at as a much better prospect if he wasn't eligible for medicare.

NCSportsfan21

Reaction score
If Weeden was 23 he'd be the 3rd QB taken, maybe even second. He's got size, arm, mobility, makes great reads (probably the best in this class) and runs his offense really well.

TTN2810

Reaction score
He'd be 3rd at best.
Still, I'm continuing to hear how great Cousins is looking in the Senior Bowl practises. Not surprised at all.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
He'd be 3rd at best.
Still, I'm continuing to hear how great Cousins is looking in the Senior Bowl practises. Not surprised at all.
From what I've heard, all hes been doing is checking it down.... and not putting good spin on the ball.

Still don't get the hype with him with you. I like him, but face it.. Hes a career backup.

TTN2810

Reaction score
From what I've heard, all hes been doing is checking it down.... and not putting good spin on the ball.

Still don't get the hype with him with you. I like him, but face it.. Hes a career backup.
Don't trust that source lol
I've read for 3 guys who are actually there, he's shredding the defense short, mid and deep, all the while throwing like a "flame thrower".
Heard he's head and shoulders the best QB on his squad. This is from 3+ sources.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Don't trust that source lol
I've read for 3 guys who are actually there, he's shredding the defense short, mid and deep, all the while throwing like a "flame thrower".
Heard he's head and shoulders the best QB on his squad. This is from 3+ sources.
Considering theres no actual good QBs there.. doesn't mean shit.

Everybody on my NFL list is there also, and thats where i saw it at, forgot who though.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Still, everyone says he's rising, and quick. Every where is saying he has shown a big time arm. I'm telling you, he's a 2nd rounder.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Still, everyone says he's rising, and quick. Every where is saying he has shown a big time arm. I'm telling you, he's a 2nd rounder.
Its not front offices or scouts talking. Its people who think they're real scouts and own websites that they base their opinions off of youtube videos and a little bit of game tape. Not real teams opinions. He won't be a 2nd rounder.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Seeing as how it's from people who are actually there, I'd go with them over you.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I think it was you who posted a Tony Pauline link before, so I'll give you a quote here from him:

There's a big drop off at the quarterback position after the top four prospects (Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill & Brandon Weeden) yet Cousins looks like he's ready to fill the void.

TTN2810

Reaction score
You posted a Pauline link saying Wright was the #1 WR on teams boards.
And the guys I read from get paid to do draft stuff by CBS, Fox, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%