2012 NFL Draft Thread.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I might be confusing you, but I love that you say Blaine was thrown into the most horrible situation and that's the reason he was awful and will improve, but Cam was in a similar situation and he great and yet you say he'll regress next season.

If I recall correctly you were the one saying Cam will do terrible next year.
Never said Cam Newton would be terrible next year, must got me confused.

I did say yall overrate Cam. Thats it.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Blake Hasenzahl [font="Arial]Enjoy the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL [url="https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Jags"]#Jags[/url] fans. Consider Gabbert's career over.[/font]
[font="Arial]
[/font][/color]
[color="#444444"][font="Arial]lol I'm sure everyone remembers Blake. Seen this comment on twitter. [/font]

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Oh, that must be in reference to Greg Olson who the Jaguars just signed, he's not going to be their offensive coordinator though.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Oh, that must be in reference to Greg Olson who the Jaguars just signed, he's not going to be their offensive coordinator though.
Yep, horrible at calling plays.. but helped develop Josh Freeman in his 2nd year. Will be the QB coach.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I can't stand McShay. I've been saying a few weeks Osweiler could rise to the first round. Now yesterday, he says it.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I can't stand McShay. I've been saying a few weeks Osweiler could rise to the first round. Now yesterday, he says it.
You weren't the only one saying that though.. lol

TTN2810

Reaction score
I know I wasn't. But if you looked at most major Draft sites (even professional ones), the pegged him 3-4 round.
I saw only two other people who said he could be a first rounder.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Looks like Osweiler is going to be this years Blaine Gabbert.

Underclassman that was looked at as a 2nd day pick at best, that vaults into the first based on other circumstances.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I know I wasn't. But if you looked at most major Draft sites (even professional ones), the pegged him 3-4 round.
I saw only two other people who said he could be a first rounder.
He just watched tape on him and then made the judgment. You watched him before McShay did, doesn't mean hes just piggy backing off everyone else or whatever you're accusing him of.

Mooche

Reaction score
Don't believe the hype on Brock..

He's a big time project. Personally, I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd round and that's only if you're looking for somebody to groom potentially.

McShay is hyping him like mad after speaking to his agent the day before. Big time shocker..

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Actually, if I remember correctly, McShay was what started the hype train for Gabbert last year as well. Obviously scouts aren't going to pay any attention to what these draft "gurus" have to say, but Gabbert was looked at as a 2nd or 3rd round pick around this time last year, and McShay said he could eventually be a 1st rounder by April. I doubt that had anything to do with his stock rising, but it's a nice coincidence.

That's what it's looking like for Osweiler right now.

Mooche

Reaction score
All I'm saying is not to fall in for the trap that McShay puts out if you haven't watched this guy play.

He's a big, strong and gifted QB physically but he's missing a lot of aspects that make him even close to a first rounder. Will he rise until April? No doubt man. I'm not saying he won't.

I just feel much like I did with Blaine last year that he isn't worth anywhere near the first round.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All I'm saying is not to fall in for the trap that McShay puts out if you haven't watched this guy play.

He's a big, strong and gifted QB physically but he's missing a lot of aspects that make him even close to a first rounder. Will he rise until April? No doubt man. I'm not saying he won't.

I just feel much like I did with Blaine last year that he isn't worth anywhere near the first round.
Oh, I'm not. My 2nd post was basically just branched off of my first. Wasn't really responding to anyone else lol.

The only draft analyst that I take seriously is Mayock.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Honestly guys, yes he's a project, but he's better than Gabbert was. And you can really tell the difference in progressions. The biggest difference to me is, Gabbert was a good prospect, but he didn't have the potential to be great, everyone said just very good. Osweiler has that potential, and reading from team mates and coaches, they all say he has the it factor. Makes players around him better. And lets not all count out Gabbert yet. Like Kam always says, it was a brutal situation for a rookie QB. They are comparable though. People are over thinking the project thing though. He's showed a willingness and ability to go through reads, and make smart throws. I don't think I've yet seen a INT where it was just a stupid throw (like Tannehill does A LOT). I said Osweiler would get first round looks, but my grade for him is second round, but he's sure as hell better than Ponder was, so, I could seriously see Seattle taking a shot on him at 12 (where Ponder went).

I've got no time this weekend to do anything but homework, but after that, I'm going to really break down the QB's and make my list.

TTN2810

Reaction score

Not arguing, like your opinions. Just wondering what aspects you think are missing?

Oh, I'm not. My 2nd post was basically just branched off of my first. Wasn't really responding to anyone else lol.

The only draft analyst that I take seriously is Mayock.
In the media, yes. I really like Dan Kadar though from mocking the draft. The guy is really knowledgable.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chase Ford with that one catch equaled damn near half of his career receiving yards at Miami.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BJ Cunningham is a guy that I like though.

Kind of slow, and pretty small hands... He'll probably fall to the 4th at least, but decent size and sure handed. Could be a solid possession guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%