2011 NBA Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
the rockets can swap with them and then the knicks end up with a draft pick. but the likely hood of that happening are slim. lol
from what i read (forget which site) the two of them swap 2011 first rounders... so the Knicks have a 2011 1st rounder and the Rockets can swap if they want. Meaning if the Knicks have a... idk... #9 pick and the Rockets had a #14 pick, the Rockets could opt to switch.

But like you said that swap probably won't happen. But it doesn't necessarily mean they don't have a pick. Unless I'm missin something here...

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
from what i read (forget which site) the two of them swap 2011 first rounders... so the Knicks have a 2011 1st rounder and the Rockets can swap if they want. Meaning if the Knicks have a... idk... #9 pick and the Rockets had a #14 pick, the Rockets could opt to switch.

But like you said that swap probably won't happen. But it doesn't necessarily mean they don't have a pick. Unless I'm missin something here...
I thought the problem with the Melo deal all along was the lack of a 1st to give, why didn't they just trade this one?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Detroit doesn't want the possibility of another Darko.

When you finishing this??
That definetly crossed my mind, to be honest.

Probably after the games tonight.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I thought the problem with the Melo deal all along was the lack of a 1st to give, why didn't they just trade this one?
I think the Rockets own their 2012 1st round pick which is probably top 5 protected or sumtin, so based on that I think... i think because i always screw up these rules and stuff, I think they can't trade consecutive 1st round picks which eliminated the ability to trade 2011 or 2013 first round.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You sure your not thinking of Motiejunas, the other big from Lithuania? That's what it sounds like to me, or you just don't know much about Valanciunas.

Valanciunas has a very versatile game, he can face the basket and hit jumps out to 12 feet or he can play in the post. He is a also a pretty solid rebounder, grabbing more than 5 a game in less than 15 minutes of action.

In 2009 he averaged 19.6 points, 10.6 boards, and 2.6 blocks per game against Enes Kanter in the European Championships, then in the next summer he averaged 19.4 points, 13.4 rebounds, and 2.7 blocks the next summer, and one tourny MVP.

He'll have a learning curve, just like most NBA bigs (especially foreign) but the dude has a chance to be something special. Some mocks have him gone in the top 3.
You pretty much just described Greg Monroe.
Hence why he isn't a good compliment at all.
Like I said we just need an enforcer type player in the paint, and Jonas is not that.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
There are no enforcers in this draft. There aren't really very many good big man. There's Enes and Sully, then it drops off. This is a guard/hybrid SF-PF draft.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There are no enforcers in this draft. There aren't really very many good big man. There's Enes and Sully, then it drops off. This is a guard/hybrid SF-PF draft.
I know.
That's why I don't want us to waste a pick on a big man we already got lol.
I'd rather take an athletic ass SF.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You pretty much just described Greg Monroe.
Hence why he isn't a good compliment at all.
Like I said we just need an enforcer type player in the paint, and Jonas is not that.
How many enforcer types are in the NBA though?

Those types of guys aren't made on trees.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the rockets/knicks pick swap comes from the jordan hill trade. correct? im not 100% sure on how all that shat works, it gets confusing. lol

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Then wait. No need to draft a project like Jonas.
Eh, it's not like the Pistons are going anywhere fast. Why not take a pick on a guy that can at best be a star, and at worst be a solid bench player?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cause he doesn't compliment the current player we are trying to make a star lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we arent close enough to the top of the lottery and should just be drafting the best player we can, and if the best player happens to play the position we need... we take then.

with that said, i think we've shown that we cant develop players UNLESS they are ready to play NOW..

aka, we suck >_<

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we arent close enough to the top of the lottery and should just be drafting the best player we can, and if the best player happens to play the position we need... we take then.

with that said, i think we've shown that we cant develop players UNLESS they are ready to play NOW..

aka, we suck >_<
I don't think Jonas would be BPA lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if he plays the position we need...

WhenIRap

valanciunas
Reaction score
Jonas Valanciunas is an amazing player. And I'm not just saying that because he's Lithuanian. I watched the entire european championship and the way he played, he reminded me of Dwight Howard. No way is he another Darko, I think he's gonna do very well in the NBA no matter where he ends up.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dwight Howard?
And when they drafted Darko, I highly doubt they compared him to anyone else who busted lol.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well Sullinger says she's returning to Ohio State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%