2009 NBA Finals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
well 7 years.
we SHOULD have gotten it in 04. I even bought a game ball Pistons/Lakers/Finals logo on it
SMFH
it's still in the damn box

i'm spoiled, so what :D
Shoulda/Woulda/Coulda...Didn`t.

04 was a good year :D

On the plus side for Orlando, at least they won a game in the Finals. The overall total has yet be determined, but i`m not counting them out yet.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Finals MVP if Lakers win? Kobe obviously right, with Ariza second in my eyes?
Kobe no doubt

2nd, hmmmm.

Gasol is 2nd. He's been more consistent, and with less shots

16/8
24/10
23/3(lol)
16/10

Ariza has had a couple single digit scoring games

but this is all hypothetical

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TBH Pau should win it. Kobe was what 11-31 today. Kobe will win it. But pau is the real finals mvp.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
how can you say that TYO?
especially being a numbers guy like you are.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pau is consistent every game. As much as I love bean no homo. One game he can 15-27. Next game he can be 10-28. Pau is a double double every game and has been giving the magic problems. Kobe wasnt great the last 2 games. Game 1 was his only good game.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kobe is at 33/8APG/5RPG-------He's had 8 assists flat every game
and shooting 45%. not great, but not awful either

I love Pau as much as anyone, but he's not MVP of this series

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well my bad i didnt know he was shooting that percentage and averaging those numbers. Yea kobe is the mvp with pau in second.

Does anybody have a gif of pau punking air france?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
not yet

looks like you think L.A. wins, 5 or 6 TYO? THis isn't going 7

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lolz i was one of the few who said you guys would win in 6.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i know, but i meant now after its 3-1

a lot of people said orlando but not any more

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is over next game. Kobe and company will end the magic season sunday.

VC15

Reaction score
I had the Lakers in 6, but this ends tomorrow night.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I said Lakers in 5, somehwhere in this thread, but I cant find it. But anyways....

Magic point guard Rafer Alston was upset over Stan Van Gundy's decision to bench him in crucial moments of Game 4.

Van Gundy played Jameer Nelson, who is still rounding into form after missing four months with a shoulder injury, in the fourth quarter and overtime on Thursday night.

"I was shocked. I was shocked," Alston said. "It's tough. You're thinking Coach will come back to you. The first two games I could understand, but again we were right there to win the game. As a player you would like to have your number called."

Alston had 11 points on 5-for-13 shooting, two assists and one turnover in 27 minutes of Orlando's Game 4 loss, and Van Gundy had an explanation for his decision.

"I thought we had a very, very bad third quarter," the coach said. "And then it wasn't so much one guy over the other, it was just we had a unit in the fourth quarter that I thought was playing real well. And then you get down to the point where Rafer hasn't played in 10 or 12 minutes, I thought it would be hard to bring him back."

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeahd Id be pissed off if I were Rafer as well. You get brought into an organisation to assist in a playoff and finals push. You reach the Finals, then get treated pretty poorly for a guy who hasn't played in four months.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can you blame him though? That move was stupid. Nelson has been a liability out there.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was their PG all the way from the time they acquired him and helped lead them to the Finals, and then gets bench for a player that is struggling to get back into NBA form, Idk if Rafer's contract is up after this year but Im sure he's on his way out and will get a nice deal from a team that wants his services.

Tts pretty sick what SVG is doing. He says they struggled in the 3rd and they had "a unit in the fourth quarter that I thought was playing real well" I can understand that but at the end of the game when Nelson gave up that three and commited that foul on Gasol, that should have been signs right there, he wasnt making a big difference out there.

And he says "And then you get down to the point where Rafer hasn't played in 10 or 12 minutes, I thought it would be hard to bring him back." well how hard was it for him to come on from day one after the trade and be your starting PG in a whole new system

Really weak SVG

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know Im not the only one that rewinded it. When Kobe told dwight to shut the fukk up and play ball. I also had to rewind it when pau punked air france. The lakers showed heart last night.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Has to be tough for Orlando. Their only a few seconds from being up 3-1 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%