2009 NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
man I hope the raps get curry imagine bosh-bargnani-calderon-curry.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I told you the Clips would get no. 1 Greg

lol in the worst draft. They better trade that damn pick.
OOooh a trade completely slipped my mind. I haven't thought of that, a lot of teams want Griffin (One of only like... 3/4 players worthy in this draft). The Clips could package a deal with the 1st round pick along with Camby, an effective defender, and an expiring contract. The question is to who, and what could they get?

The Kings don't have anyone worthwhile the Clips would want because they'd be stupid to trade away K-Mart.

They could try to pry Gay away from Memphis since they already have Mayo... no point in getting Mayo when the Clips already have Gordon.

Or maybe even a deal to somewhere like Chicago. Package something for Luol Deng.

Lots of scenarios.

Could be an interesting draft day for the Clips.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Grizz taking Hasheem many think. I'd like to see how he could do there

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They have to take rubio. First off marc gasol has played good enough to be a starter.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they took Hasheem, Rubio would fall to us. But I've been watching Jennings, and I'm liking what I see.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
NO matter where he goes, I'll always be a THabeet fan

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They have to take rubio. First off marc gasol has played good enough to be a starter.
And Conley isn't good enough to be a starter? He has shown he has what it takes. His only glaring weakness going into the pro's was his shot, and he shot over 40% from 3 this season.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nobody in their right mind would pass on rubio for conley. So you would honestly say you would rather have conley over rubio? Im not a huge rubio fan but the kid will be a young nash. Conley is cool and all but he was carried to the league off of oden's talent.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh yea word is that the Sixers have a plan in place to send Dalembert to the Rockets, and another possible trade in place to possibly move up and bring Tyreke Evans home.

Lets go Reke Havoc.

Could you imagine a reke-iggy-thad-eb-marresse and with lou and green and jason smith off the bench. The league would not be ready.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Conley wasn't just made off Oden.. He sure helped but he has a lot of talent and isn't being used right on a crappy team. I haven't seen Rubio play besides for some highlights so he could be better and probably will but no one knows..

VC15

Reaction score
Oh yea word is that the Sixers have a plan in place to send Dalembert to the Rockets, and another possible trade in place to possibly move up and bring Tyreke Evans home.

Lets go Reke Havoc.

Could you imagine a reke-iggy-thad-eb-marresse and with lou and green and jason smith off the bench. The league would not be ready.
Teams that know how to force the Sixers into actually running plays in a half-court set would be ready.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I have faith in my Pistons that they will pick the right guys to fit with us. I mean, yes, there was one decision that didn`t go over all that well this season for them, but everyone makes mistakes. A new draft, new players, new year, new start.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow Mavs are bringing in Rodrigue Beaubois for a 2nd workout in 4 days tomorrow

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anybody heard about Rubio's agent threatening the Thunder and Grizz about drafting him

Whats with these foreign players and them making the decision where theey want to play? First Yi now Rubio.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IDK why he wouldn't want to go to the Grizz, he'd have GAsol there, another Spaniard, would help him somewhat, and would be the PG of the future. Plus, Conley still has good trade value because of his potential I think.

A Gay-Mayo-Rubio backcourt would be scary for the next 10 years

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think its all about Marketablility, OKC isnt a big market, and Memphis is a big name city but not a big market when it comes to basketball.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anybody heard about Rubio's agent threatening the Thunder and Grizz about drafting him

Whats with these foreign players and them making the decision where theey want to play? First Yi now Rubio.
Thats just the way stuff goes in China

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm happy about this draft order. Clippers 1, Grizz 2, Thunder 3...thats gonna be sweet.

I think the Thunder will take Hasheem Thabeet...Clippers obviously Griffin, and the Grizz...i'm not sure. I hope Sacramento gets Rubio though.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Look out for DeJuan Blair. If anyone made an impact on the first day of the NBA’s combine here, it was Blair. That’s because, when he stepped on the scale this morning for his official weigh-in, he registered at 275, an astounding 40 pounds less than the 315 he was at just four weeks ago, when he began working out at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%