Reaction score
tbh to take delonte's quote to the next level

it's not about the player, it's about the man

Delonte > PP

:p

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Delonte is a beast, he does the mid range pull ups like Kobe all the time.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
guys like Delonte, Jameer, you know other super college players who get picked late in the NBA show why they are great players

idc about potential. idc about what level they play on. if your good your good

thats why i think Hansbrough will be a good player.

and when i see little guys like JJ, Nate, Brooks succeed, I know Steph Curry is gonna kill. He's bigger than all them, but i dont care :p

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
seriously, i'm a SF away from compiling my complete dream team

C- Mbenga
PF- Birdman
SF- ?
SG- Delonte (In the words of Delonte, we play small, that's what we do)
PG- JJB

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
course, no article on Delonte West would be complete without a visit to his classic interview on Page 2, in which he described what his idea of a romantic evening would be. Some highlights:

“So, I pick her up in my white convertible. From there, I’d have the music pumping on the radio. The Jim Jones pumping, you know, ‘Summer in Miami’ song pumping. Got to keep a little gangsta, you can’t be too soft. You can’t be in there playing some guy that’s crying, talking about don’t leave me and love me baby, wah wah and all that. So Jim Jones pumping and then from there, wind blowing through the hair, boom, we get straight to the point — we eat afterwards because I don’t want to kiss no onions. I don’t want to kiss you tasting like onions and steak and mushrooms and everything.”

“Yeah, we’re going to my yacht. We’ll pull up at the docks and got a guy waiting for us, open our door up and we walk down a lit-up dock and onto the yacht, where we have dinner set up on the boat and we just cruise out on the water. Sit down and have some dinner, some shrimps and steaks, keep it nice and breezy. Pop some bottles, some Moet Rose. The red Moet, we ain’t popping no Kristal, it tastes like urination. We ain’t popping no Kris, that’s $500 a bottle. It ain’t that serious. It ain’t going to get you drunk. Make sure you put that in there. We ain’t doing a $500 bottle, we’re doing a $99 wine and dine.”

“OK, so from there, we’re doing a midnight skinny-dipping jump. Alright? From there, hopefully she’s got money because I hope Jaws gets her, boom, make sure she got me in the will, bank, I’m good. Oh well, shark got her! Jaws got her. Nah, we ain’t going there.”

“One more thing: When we’re on the yacht eating, we’re going to have some Popeyes chicken. That’s for dinner. It’s to let her know, put a mental image on her mind, first and foremost, if you ain’t from the hood, you don’t like Popeyes chicken. Everyone there loves Popeyes chicken and the biscuits — phew. But that’s just getting it on her mind, saying, you know, ‘Yeah, I can wine and dine you, but I’m a little rough around the edges and I’m keeping it real with you. I can be romantic, but this is real, we’re going to eat some chicken tonight. Chicken and biscuits.”

This guy is my hero

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
seriously, i'm a SF away from compiling my complete dream team

C- Mbenga
PF- Birdman
SF- ?
SG- Delonte (In the words of Delonte, we play small, that's what we do)
PG- JJB
i'll think of one

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
STill the greatest delonte line of all-time

I'm sure one day he'll top this though too

Lake Louise

Reaction score
guys like Delonte, Jameer, you know other super college players who get picked late in the NBA show why they are great players

idc about potential. idc about what level they play on. if your good your good

thats why i think Hansbrough will be a good player.

and when i see little guys like JJ, Nate, Brooks succeed, I know Steph Curry is gonna kill. He's bigger than all them, but i dont care :p
Same here. I have high hopes for Hansbrough in the NBA and I feel they will be reached, and Brooks is one of my favorite little guy impact players. He is speedy-quick and gets things done.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Balkman always looks high

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know how you can like Delonte West.
He sounds illiterate.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats why JR will never win

i mean even Eddie House was normal until late in the season last year

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
na if anything we can play small at the guards and play big the rest and have birdman and turiaf at either the PF or SF

Balkman I don't know too much about, he looks cool, but you need to have that personality too. And we know Turiaf does.

Plus imagine Birdman and Turiaf on the same team, it'd be like the other team would never get a rebound

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats why JR will never win

i mean even Eddie House was normal until late in the season last year
Lolz he sure did win today.

The real question is how can you not like delonte? He is like that funny uncle that you enjoy being around because of the g stuff he says.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Yeah, I like Birdman, and I didn`t even realize when JR did that, all the eyes following him from the Lakers Bench.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
course, no article on Delonte West would be complete without a visit to his classic interview on Page 2, in which he described what his idea of a romantic evening would be. Some highlights:

“So, I pick her up in my white convertible. From there, I’d have the music pumping on the radio. The Jim Jones pumping, you know, ‘Summer in Miami’ song pumping. Got to keep a little gangsta, you can’t be too soft. You can’t be in there playing some guy that’s crying, talking about don’t leave me and love me baby, wah wah and all that. So Jim Jones pumping and then from there, wind blowing through the hair, boom, we get straight to the point — we eat afterwards because I don’t want to kiss no onions. I don’t want to kiss you tasting like onions and steak and mushrooms and everything.”

“Yeah, we’re going to my yacht. We’ll pull up at the docks and got a guy waiting for us, open our door up and we walk down a lit-up dock and onto the yacht, where we have dinner set up on the boat and we just cruise out on the water. Sit down and have some dinner, some shrimps and steaks, keep it nice and breezy. Pop some bottles, some Moet Rose. The red Moet, we ain’t popping no Kristal, it tastes like urination. We ain’t popping no Kris, that’s $500 a bottle. It ain’t that serious. It ain’t going to get you drunk. Make sure you put that in there. We ain’t doing a $500 bottle, we’re doing a $99 wine and dine.”

“OK, so from there, we’re doing a midnight skinny-dipping jump. Alright? From there, hopefully she’s got money because I hope Jaws gets her, boom, make sure she got me in the will, bank, I’m good. Oh well, shark got her! Jaws got her. Nah, we ain’t going there.”

“One more thing: When we’re on the yacht eating, we’re going to have some Popeyes chicken. That’s for dinner. It’s to let her know, put a mental image on her mind, first and foremost, if you ain’t from the hood, you don’t like Popeyes chicken. Everyone there loves Popeyes chicken and the biscuits — phew. But that’s just getting it on her mind, saying, you know, ‘Yeah, I can wine and dine you, but I’m a little rough around the edges and I’m keeping it real with you. I can be romantic, but this is real, we’re going to eat some chicken tonight. Chicken and biscuits.”

This guy is my hero
LMFAO

ahahahah oh sh!t West is fcking great. I love this guy now too. He's speaking the truth too. Popeyes and the biscuits, that's what I call dinner.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
no Danhntay game 3
Kleiza or JR will start

over/under 44 for Kobe?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Delonte and his popeyes

I like Church's chicken :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%