2009 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Man I wish I was a fan of a team of the AL Central. EVERYONE wins that division, well except the Royals. But every beats up on everyone, it must be so much fun, lol.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Man I wish I was a fan of a team of the AL Central. EVERYONE wins that division, well except the Royals. But every beats up on everyone, it must be so much fun, lol.
Haha, it can be fun, and rather annoying at times. You need to have a big lead on the other teams behind you, and even than, you could lose it in the blink of an eye. Prime example, Tigers(currently 1st in AL Central) play 5 games against the White Sox(Currently 3rd in AL Central). It is nice though to know that if your team is behind in AL Central, just get a streak going, and you`ll be right back in the mix of things.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Haha, it can be fun, and rather annoying at times. You need to have a big lead on the other teams behind you, and even than, you could lose it in the blink of an eye. Prime example, Tigers(currently 1st in AL Central) play 5 games against the White Sox(Currently 3rd in AL Central). It is nice though to know that if your team is behind in AL Central, just get a streak going, and you`ll be right back in the mix of things.
lol, there must be an annoying team for everyone in there. Like the Twins for the Tigers. Where the Twins never help the Tigers or something, lol. The NL East is just boring, always between the Mets and Phillies now. Nationals suck big time, the Marlins are good but dont make much noise at the end. And the Braves are always 2nd fiddle to Mets and Phils at the end of the year.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
lol, there must be an annoying team for everyone in there. Like the Twins for the Tigers. Where the Twins never help the Tigers or something, lol. The NL East is just boring, always between the Mets and Phillies now. Nationals suck big time, the Marlins are good but dont make much noise at the end. And the Braves are always 2nd fiddle to Mets and Phils at the end of the year.
lol, it`s usually the Royals, at least for the Tigers. No matter the kinds of teams they have, they tend to steal wins from us, one series at the end of the year, which helped the Twins win the Division from us. Kind of like a form of Slingshot, so to speak. lol.

Right now, i`d say it`s Royals to everyone, Tigers to Indians, Twins to White Sox/Tigers, White Sox to Tigers/Twins, Indians to White Sox. Something like that lol.

If only you guys didn`t have the Nats in your division. There really just taking up space. That`s why everyone calls them "Nats" because they annoy everyone. lol.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dodgers lose to Philly. oh well
we split the series, and took the overall season series without Manny.

we got SD next! then interleague. How's Rangers vs. Dodgers sound?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
lmao, guy on WFAN saying the yankees shouldve never traded Pettite for Soriano. And Brocious plays 3rd base for the yankees, lol.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Vin Mazarro. Remember it.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Vin Mazarro. Remember it.
Hey when are the A's going to give up on Justin. The guy's constantly on the DL and its just not worth it. The guy has pitched since 2001 and has NEVER pitched a full year, I think its time to cut your ties.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Shoutout to Edwin Jackson of the Tigers. The dude has a 2.16 ERA and is 3rd in the league, he must be doing something right. I didnt know he was doing that good.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Whatever he is doing. He needs to keep it up.

Tigers/White Sox tied at 3. Tigers were up 3-1, until Dye hit a 2-run homer to tie it up.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Mets have the day off. Tomorrow we start a series against the Phillies at home. Gonna be rlly important.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Me either! I think I might be at the game for his home debut. They dont have anyone scheduled for that game yet, but I hope so. Actually, anybody would be nice. It`d be cool to see Porcello this year, or Jackson.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Zumaya is bad.
Blows the 1 run lead, probably about to let them take the lead now.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Leyland needs to give him a couple games off. He has been pitching every damn game it seems.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Yeah. He should give him a rest. Pitchers cant do that every game and be effective.

Tigers scored in Top of the 9th. Up 5-4.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Tigers win the 1st game of the double-header 5-4. Zumaya gets another win. An ugly win, but a win none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%