2009 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Mets losing 11-5 to the Pirates. lol, I cant watch it so thank goodness for that.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Just like that the Rays are up 3-2 agianst the Royals.

Damn BJ is good.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I had a feeling Upton was going to get a hit. I just didnt think it was going to be a HR.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nice. We just won three straight against the White Sox.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Rios with 5 strikeouts today, I don't care what anyone says, Riccardi should trade him. He struggles at least 2-3 times a year and his droughts go on forever. Riccardi should wait till he is on a hot streak and then trade him for something huge in return.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rios with 5 strikeouts today, I don't care what anyone says, Riccardi should trade him. He struggles at least 2-3 times a year and his droughts go on forever. Riccardi should wait till he is on a hot streak and then trade him for something huge in return.
He is a good hitter and has tons of potential, although I would've loved that Lincecum-Rios trade, I would hate to see a guy with good potential like him leave. Everyone has their droughts, he's on a long term contract too so he should be here for a long, long time. :)

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lincecum-Rios trade? Are you high? Why on earth would the Giants do that. I don't even care if Giants offense isn't that good. You don't even think about that trade if you are the Giants, you tell the Jays to never call you again. Unless of course you're talking about a trade offered a while ago, then the Jays must be kicking them selves.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lincecum-Rios trade? Are you high? Why on earth would the Giants do that. I don't even care if Giants offense isn't that good. You don't even think about that trade if you are the Giants, you tell the Jays to never call you again.
When Rios showed he had a lot of potential a few years ago, that deal was about to be a couple off-seasons ago... So no, I'm not high.

Gtown81

Reaction score
He is a good hitter and has tons of potential, although I would've loved that Lincecum-Rios trade, I would hate to see a guy with good potential like him leave. Everyone has their droughts, he's on a long term contract too so he should be here for a long, long time. :)
he's had a lot of droughts though

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Tigers lost again getting swept by Boston, but oh well. KC was also swept by the Rays, w/o Longoria. So, they didn`t gain anything on us. Angels up next.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
27 game hitting streak for Ichiro.

With the NBA and NHL finals going on it gives Ichiro time to rack up the hits without media watching him 24/7. Ichiro, playing in Seattle, doesn't get as much television time as the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, and Cubs players do.

Ichiro will have to hit until July 7, in which he will be at 56 games.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ST. PETERSBURG -- It's one of those improbable streaks. Zack Greinke has not given up a home run in the past 110 innings he's pitched.

"To go this long, it's impossible without a bunch of luck," Greinke said. "It's kind of like a no-hitter. You need a lot of luck to do a no-hitter, and you need a lot to do what's happened with me right now."

The last time a home run was struck off the Royals right-hander was at Kansas City last Sept. 2, when Oakland's Daric Barton connected in the fifth inning. Greinke's streak is the longest since Kevin Brown logged 118 innings without allowing a homer for Florida in 1996-97. Researchers digging back as far as 1990 say the longest streak since then is 149 2/3 innings by Roger Clemens for Boston in 1990-91.

Gtown81

Reaction score
Greinke getting lit up. 6-0 Jays. I really thought the Jays offense was gunna get dominated today.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nice, this helps Roy Halladay be more likely to win Cy Young, haven't been watching the game but glad to see the Jays are winning.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow so Greinke is human lol. Still best ERA in the majors by like .4 or .5 IDK the difference. It was bound to happen sometime. It's alright, Greinke still has a big lead on the Cy-Young

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Sweet Santana can now take back the ERA crown.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
btw that's 8 in a row <3

come on keep losing and come on nationals, I want bryce harper

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Indians up 3-0 on the White Sox, Pavano pitching very good again. 4 shut out innings so far.

EDIT: Travis Hafner homers in his return to the lineup.
Garko makes it back to back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%