2009 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Tigers up 9-1, top of the 9th.

Twins lost in 11, White Sox lost, Royals are down by 1.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
omg Dodgers lost to the Marlins <3

lol. it's ok. it was a legit loss. nothing out of the ordinary.
at least SF lost as well

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
omg Dodgers lost to the Marlins <3

lol. it's ok. it was a legit loss. nothing out of the ordinary.
at least SF lost as well
Your not doing your part....

Btw Braves got killed today 12-0.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
D-Backs blow

and they still have no Webb
idk when he's coming back

Lake Louise

Reaction score
D-Backs blow

and they still have no Webb
idk when he's coming back
Webb is one of my favorite pitchers. It sucks. He had a good shot at winning NL Cy Young this year, as least I thought so, but nevermind for this year. Maybe next year.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
best pitcher in the NL West resides in L.A.
his name is Chad Billingsley

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tigers beat up the A's again today :] PORCELLO BABY!
Royals lost too. Good stuff..

Tigers can take this division easily.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
easily? lol

the al central is a coin toss, by the end of the season, I honestly believe all 5 teams will have been in first place at one time or not during the season.

I honestly think the tWins have the most staying power

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the Twins and Tigers are the only 2 teams that could legitimately take the division, no offense to your Royals..

If the Tigers remain healthy we will be great. Plus Bonderman will be returning soon. To add to an already very solid starting pitching core. And Thames should be returning soon within the month, to give us even more offense..

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I could see any team but the White Sox winning it

Twins (Have the best overall pitching, small ball always works for them)
Tigers (Have the best offense, improved pitching and needs to get even better if they want to contend for more then just winning the division)
Royals (Have the best SP, could have that Cinderella like feeling, and noone thinks they can mentality, but offense needs to improve big time)
Indians (HORRIBLE start, but this team I think will really turn it around, just minor things in alot of games, pitching has been odd, they can really get on a roll though, I still think they are the best OVERALL team when they are playing their best)
White Sox- (I don't really think they can compete, but they do have the veteran factor with all those old guys. But I don't see how they can get any better unlike the other teams)

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh, I don't think the Twins have the best pitching staff... I'd give that to the Royals because of Grienke. But if you didn't have Grienke, the Tigers starters are pitching very well. The bullpen has been pretty good too. IDK pitching is a toss-up.

Honestly none of the AL Central teams would make noise in the playoffs though lol.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
best pitcher in the NL West resides in L.A.
his name is Chad Billingsley
nope, that would be 'teh sex' Danny Haren

better ERA and WHIP..would have a better win-loss record if the D'Backs could hit the damn ball.

RB!

Reaction score
nope, that would be 'teh sex' Danny Haren

better ERA and WHIP..would have a better win-loss record if the D'Backs could hit the damn ball.
Tough debate there between Billingsley and Haren. I personally like Haren better and his starts are slightly better, but they are both beasts.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh, I don't think the Twins have the best pitching staff... I'd give that to the Royals because of Grienke. But if you didn't have Grienke, the Tigers starters are pitching very well. The bullpen has been pretty good too. IDK pitching is a toss-up.

Honestly none of the AL Central teams would make noise in the playoffs though lol.
Well Royals have best pitching ERA in the AL so far :) Greinke's not the only one, scary thing is, we're that good with Meche off to a bad start. Bannister has been hawt so far too.

I said Twins have best overall pitching by meaning they have the best start 5 + the bullpen including the best closer (yes, I think NAthan > Soria, Soria's hurt right now)

Tigers pitching has been good so far, but as we seen thru the last couple of years, there pitchers get injured a lot, and don't have a clean track record, but who knows, it might be a new year.

I'm right in saying this division is a toss-up, you're right in saying none of these teams will do <Censored> in the playoffs.

RB!

Reaction score
Anybody watching today's nightcap? San Diego and Cincinnati are tied 5-5 going into the bottom of the 9th at Petco.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tigers pitching doesn't get injured a lot really. Last year it was just Zumaya, Rodney, and Bonderman.
Well I guess we do but Zumaya and Rodney are at 100% now, hopefully stays that way.

We sucked last year because the only pitcher we could rely on was Galarraga. But now Verlander is back to ace form, Jackson is pitching very well, Porcello has been amazing in May, 3-0 with a 1.00 ERA. And Galarraga has been shaky lately, but has been solid. All we need is consistency and to remain healthy. As well as someone stepping up as our 5th starter. Either Bonderman or Willis. I hope Willis <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%