2009 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dodgers <3

Billingsley showed why he's an ace. Gave up a run in the first, and thats all he gave up in 7 innings. 9 K's as well.
James Loney hit a HR in a 1-1 game in the 7th. his second of the season and in as many days.
Dodgers got 1 more run in the 9th, and gave it to Broxton to close.
He coughed it up after striking out Howard and Werth.
3-3 going to the 10th.
Martin hits a double and Ethier scored from 1st. Kemp hit another double, and the Dodgers win again.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Tigers go from a sweep of the Indians, to getting swept by the Twins. They should`ve won 2 of those games, or at least 1. I stayed up until 1 for no reason to see them screw things up in the Top of the 13th, by giving up a Grand Slam.

The plus side of things, Verlander had a great game today, only allowed to runs, and had 13 K`s!!! Definately a nice boost for my Fantasy Team.

RB!

Reaction score
Tigers go from a sweep of the Indians, to getting swept by the Twins. They should`ve won 2 of those games, or at least 1. I stayed up until 1 for no reason to see them screw things up in the Top of the 13th, by giving up a Grand Slam.

The plus side of things, Verlander had a great game today, only allowed to runs, and had 13 K`s!!! Definately a nice boost for my Fantasy Team.
Verlander has the skill to be a badass. He definitely wasn't an ace last year, but I think he is turning in around this year. 13 Ks is damn impressive, no matter who you face. He probably has the best velocity out of any starter in the game, besides Josh Johnson possibly.

That game last night was a good one. I watched in on MLB.tv, and yeah I'd be pissed about it too if I was a Tigers fan.

RB!

Reaction score
I believe it should be brought to the attention of those who cares about it, but the NL East has been mediocre at best to start the year. The Mets started to get back on the right track, but they're not pulling away or anything. The offense is there for the Mets, but I would be worried about the starting rotation. Santana is probably the best starter in the game, but other than he and Maine (and Livan Hernandez lately), they really don't have much. Perez has been a bust this year and Pelfrey is decent at best thus far. There's really no reason why the Mets shouldn't win the NL East this year.

The Phillies have a killer lineup, but it's the same story with them, except they have it worse. I know they had the worst combined ERA in baseball, but I'm not sure if they still hold that distinct honor or not. In my eyes, Mets lineup = Phils lineup, but Mets pitching > Phillies pitching (mostly due to the singular presence of one Johan Santana).

And the Marlins...I just won't get into that right now.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Indians take a lead of 2-0 in the 4th inning over the Rays.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RIOS. Home-run. 3rd home run in his career against C.C. Sabathia.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I really thought Sabathia was going to mow us down after the 3rd inning.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fausto has set down 10 straight Rays. And LaPorta singles to start the 5th inning.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Victor Martinez with a 2 out, 2 run double to make it 4-0. Batting right at .390 still... Best catcher in the league.

Gtown81

Reaction score
Barajas inches away from hitting a 2 run homer. But gets an RBI double anyways.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Muahahahaha, Rod BABY! Come on Johnny Mac, show us what you got!

Gtown81

Reaction score
Damn, Johnny Mac did what he had to do but Barajas is so damn slow.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow, what a play by Asdrubal Cabrera at short stop. Back handed stop then jumping throw to first.

VC15

Reaction score
GTFO at that catch by Rolen, that would happen to us.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brian Tallet is looking pretty good now after a shaky 1st inning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%