but then james hits one out!

3-2 phils

dodgers arent gone yet!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
<Censored>ing HR derby in this damn park

if the WS really is going to be Yanks/Phils, the team with more HR will win.
CC and Lee will be fine, everyone else is shaky

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
Rollins just got hit for the second time tonight... then Victorino hits a HR. 8-3, Phillies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Damn the dodgers really came up short tonight. I thought they would play better with Kershaw on the mound.

Reaction score
And the Phillies are going to the World Series for a second straight year....

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
next year!

we'll be fine.
just need an ace.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Are we, really?

Kemp, Ethier, and Loney are all guys I'm still feeling good about. Other than them everything else is pretty shaky.

Manny hasn't been <Censored> since he got caught being on the juice. I like his cool aloof attitude, it calms down the guys in the dugout and keeps a good vibe around the team, but he's not contributing much on the field or the plate. He makes one ground level catch and it's considered a great catch when it would have been just another catch to anyone else, why? Because he has never been a great fielder. And his ABs, horrendous since he's been back other than a couple of HRs here and there.

Russell Martin has been regressing every year defensively, and his ABs have been getting worse and worse.

Furcal, def' not what he used to be. I still like him as our lead-off man simply because there aren't that many better options out there, and his defense is still valuable... but yea, just not what he used to be.

I hope Orlando Hudson is re-signed, and that he gets his 2nd base spot over Belliard. His defense is loads better, and his bat is just as good if not better. Belliard came to the team "on fire" at the plate, and I understand going with the hot hand in the postseason... if he was still hot. He struggled in the NLDS and even more in the NLCS.

Casey Blake is solid, but he's only getting older.

So much for Jim Thome being our Matt Stairs.

Pitching. The bullpen is still our greatest strength. Despite Broxton's blown saves against the Phils he's still considerably better than most at the position.

Starting pitching is the problem. We def' need another ace next to Clayton Kershaw. The Wolf Pack is only a 3rd/4th pitcher. Billingsley needs to get it together, Padilla was just a guy trying to prove his worth and picked the absolute wrong time to go cold on us, and Kuroda? His injuries are too much of a risk.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
now if the Yankees win, I'll just quit watching baseball

those were the only two teams I didn't want in the WS, any other two teams would've been fine

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess I have to change my sigs.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yankees-Angels should be a lot of fun tonight. Game starts at 757 EST.

Reaction score
It's gonna be Phils/Yanks in the WS.

NY hasn't been there since, what, 03? I think it's about time they get back there...

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Angels up 4-0. John Lackey is making himself big bucks right now. Yankees have been the comeback kids this year, so this is far from over.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lackey would be cool in dodger blue yo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%