2009 Free-Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Ramon Sessions would put us over the top to get Lebron in 2010, thats for sure....

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
David Lee met with the Knicks and said he now understands the team's position. He told the media that the team will either include him in a sign-and-trade deal or sign him to a one-year contract.

"It's been a little frustrating, but my agent came up a couple of weeks ago and we had a meeting with Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni and found out where we were, and the purpose behind what's going on, and it kind of all makes sense to me now," Lee said. "We agreed on what I thought I was worth, so it's not a money issue. What it comes down to is they need their flexibility for the 2010 summer. Whether they can get LeBron or not, they need to have the flexibility to make a run at a guy like that. And that's completely understandable from my standpoint. We're going to continue to work on a few sign-and-trade possibilities; otherwise, we'll continue to work on a one-year-deal."

With the Bucks' acquisition of Carlos Delfino and Roko Ukic, the team appears to have little financial or roster room left to retain Ramon Sessions.

According to Alan Hahn, Donnie Walsh has set a firm limit on the contract amount he's willing to offer Sessions and is waiting for the restricted free agent to meet the Knicks' terms.

Hahn believes Sessions' options are running out at this stage of the off-season but some rumors persist that the Clippers remain interested.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jason Williams worked out for the Magic on Tuesday.

"He looked okay, especially for a guy who's sat out a year," said Otis Smith to the Orlando Sentinel. "He's a possibility."

Via Orlando Sentinel

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"$100,000 of [Sean May's] deal is not guaranteed. May can get that $100,000 back if he shows up on either Sept. 30 (before the start of training camp) or Oct. 27 (before the start of the season) and, at either time, weighs 265 pounds or less."
lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alan Hahn provides an update on the status of restricted free-agent Ramon Sessions.

"I continue to hear that the Knicks remain the 23 year old's last remaining legitimate option," writes Hahn. "The Clippers seem content with their roster and the Bucks just recently made additions (Carlos Delfino and Roko Ukic) that suggest they are ready to move on, as well."

According to Hahn, the Knicks are ready to sign an offer sheet at around $4 million per season if and when Sessions accepts.

Via Newsday

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im really liking how Walsh has played it this offseason, waiting out Lee, and Sessions.

If we are able to bring then in then It will be a very good offseason for us, 4mil a year for Sessions sounds great, and its looking less likley the Bucks will match and Ive read the Clippers arent as interested as reported.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Jason Williams signed with the Magic today. The Magic are making some good moves to be right back where they were last season. I'm really liking their team.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Adding Jason Williams isn't a good move lol. Its been said he's a shell of his old self.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Adding Jason Williams isn't a good move lol. Its been said he's a shell of his old self.
I wasn't just talking about this move. Adding VC,Brandon Bass and Matt Barnes. They've got depth everywhere.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Allen Iverson, on his Twitter account, is promising to sign with a NBA team. After saying he told his people to get back to him when it was done, Chris Sheridan of ESPN went and talked to Charlotte Bobcats Coach Larry Brown, Iverson's former coach in Philadelphia, to see where Charlotte might be on the list.

"I've spoken to a lot of people on his behalf, because last year was a difficult situation for him being put in where he was, replacing Chauncey Billups," said Brown. "That would have been a difficult situation for anybody. But I know he's comfortable with me, and we've had a lot of discussions. When he played for me was probably when he played his best. Would I like to coach him again? Absolutely."

The reason the Bobcats made the trade of Emeka Okafor for Tyson Chandler was to reduce their long-term salary commitments, ostensibly because the team was for sale. This morning Steve Kyler discussed the news that the Bobcats might have a buyer…does that mean they could be willing to spend a little cash?

Perhaps the long-term deal of Okafor's was seen as an anchor, but the investment in Iverson – who brings ticket and jersey sales for sure – might be considered a contract with excellent return on investment.

The Cats also have restricted free agent Raymond Felton on the roster whom they want to retain – once they get in the same neighborhood on dollars – plus second-year guard D.J. Augustin. The three of them – along with veteran Raja Bell – would make a solid group of guards.

Sheridan's piece also mentions Memphis, New York, Miami, and the L.A. Clippers as possibilities. Newsday's Alan Hahn, who covers the Knicks, followed up with a note on his own Twitter account saying New York is unlikely and he heard Iverson was likely going to end up in the Southeast Division.
Ive said it before, I would love to se AI come to Charlotte, the ticket sales would erupt, and regardless of what Ive been reading about him taking a backseat to Raja Bell, Ray Felton and Augustin is hilarious.

He's one of the best scorers in NBA history, and has proved he could lead a team low on talent before, I know he isnt that same player but he's still a 23PPG player, and is a PERFECT fit for the Bobcats, they need a goto scorer... he's a goto scorer....they need to sell tickets....he sells tickets....him and Brown have had success in the past....the Bobcats have yet to make the playoffs....

Am I the only one who thinks this a no-brainer? lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Magic have signed free agent guard Jason Williams, General Manager Otis Smith announced on Wednesday.

RealGM's Alex Kennedy reported earlier on Wednesday that Orlando would sign Williams. "Jason (Williams) provides depth and leadership to our backcourt," said Smith. "He is a veteran point guard that knows what it takes to help us reach our ultimate goal. We are excited to add him to our team." Williams did not play during the 2008-09 season after announcing his retirement last September.

Via RealGM Staff Report
Solid pickup IMO

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Nuggets are still in negotiations with free-agent forward Wally Szczerbiak, a source told the Denver Post.

Szczerbiak could fill the void left behind by Linas Kleiza, who left the team and signed with Olympiakos of Greece this month.

Denver is currently hovering near the $69.9 million luxury tax line, but they still need to sign two players heading into the 2009-10 season.

Via Denver Post

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports Thursday the Houston Rockets have reached a verbal agreement on a contract with free agent forward Pops Mensah-Bonsu, who has yet to sign the deal.

Mensah-Bonsu's agent was not ready to confirm an agreement is in place, but he didn't dispute it either.

"We are working to get through a couple of minor things that I'm sure will get resolved," said John Greig, Mensah-Bonsu's agent, in an interview with FOX 26 Sports.

"We are waiting on some things from the league that could impact this."

Via Fox Houston
Jarrod don't worry about Yao, Pops will take his place!

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel bad for AI kind of.
He still has starter talents, he just doesn't fit well in a team system.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Does this article make any sense?

Carlos Delfino is hoping to earn significant minutes with the Bucks this season.

Delfino, who played in Russia last season, is thrilled to be back in the NBA. Detroit sent him to Milwaukee in a four-player deal earlier this week.

The former Piston is expected to compete for minutes at the small forward position with Richard Jefferson playing in San Antonio.

"I think it's a chance," Delfino told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "Everyone will come here for the preseason and work for those minutes; I know that.

"I will get ready to try to get those minutes, but whatever is good for the team is good for everyone. I've been on teams that think that way, and those teams go farther. The Argentine national team is like that. We have many stars, but we just try to win."
We didn't trade him? lol
And shouldn't it say the former Raptor if anything.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alan Hahn writes that the Knicks do not have a standing offer to Ramon Sessions and that the team would only make a long-term commitment to the restricted free-agent if Donnie Walsh is able to move the contract of either Jared Jeffries or Eddy Curry.

Hahn therefore concludes that the Knicks' chances of landing Sessions this summer are remote.

Via Newsday
Donnie needs to stop worrying about 2010 so much and just sign this kid..

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree, we can get him for cheap too, 4-5mil aint bad at all.

We can find a way to dump Jeffries or Curry. Its possible, especially with Curry at a good weight, that ups his stock right there. Now if he can come in and be a solid 14PPG 8RPG player then we could atcually get something in return for him.

I think we should make the move, give Nate anfd DLee one yr contracts (if they are truly open to it) and call it an offseason.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There are a number of sign-and-trade possibilities still out there for David Lee.

Alan Hahn of Newsday reported overnight that there "are a couple of sign-and-trades still being considered before a one-year deal is negotiated."

New York general manager Donnie Walsh is seriously considering a pair of reasonable trades involving Lee, but there is a possibility that the forward could stay with the Knicks under a one-year deal if neither trade is worked out.

The Blazers are mentioned as a possibility as they nearly made an offer to Lee before they eventually signed Andre Miller. New York would want Rudy Fernandez to be included in any proposed deal.

Via Newsday

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rudy wouldnt be bad at all, but I would still like to see more then just Fernandez for DLee.

He is a guarenteed double-double player every single night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%