~*~*2009-2010 NBA Season Thread*~*~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
rejuvenating Detroit?

you guys are i think worse at this point than last year, maybe even.

i just think their are more players who have really improved. Ben is an established NBA player.
Guys like Dahntay Jones, Channing Frye, Joakim Noah have super improved.

maybe even a guy like Brook Lopez (i know he's a soph and on a sucky team, but so was Monta when he won it a few years ago-a soph). same goes for CDR

Trevor Ariza, Aaron Brooks, Andrew Bynum (i know, i know, but look at the numbers before you hate)
etc

not hating on Ben either

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We also haven't been 100% healthy since game one of this season. We have 10 wins right now, without Wallace I say we have 5 or 6. And that's not over exaggerating at all. Ben wasn't even supposed to play more than like 10 minutes a game this season.

He was also on the verge of retiring. Whereas everyone else you just listed is still young.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
usually players who win it are young.
just look at this decade.
Jalen Rose-27
TMac-22
Jermaine-24
Gilbert-21
Zach Randolph-24
Bobby Simmons-25
Diaw-24
Monta-22
Hedo-28
Granger-25

thats why Shaq didnt win it last year. i know Granger and Devin Harris were great, but still

and like Shaq, Ben is already an established player. He's probably going into the HOF (at least in my opinion he should)

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know if Wallace can win an award called the Most IMPROVED Player award. Wouldn't it be for players that have IMPROVED from their past play, as in showing things we haven't seen before? We've seen this Big Ben before during Detroit's championship days.

Mexi's right, Ben's already an establish player, and he's still showing a lot more of the same from what we've seen before.

If there were a Comeback Player Of The Year award, than yea Big Ben would be in the running for that.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Joakim Noah didn't appreciate LeBron James' dancing last week and it is unlikely last year's MVP would get away with doing that 20 years ago.

"If a guy was doing the Riverdance like that, coach would come over and say, 'Who's got the fewest amount of fouls of my big fellas?' " said ex-Celtic and TNT analyst Kevin McHale. "If you raised your hand, he would say, 'We will let him drive and then we will throw him on the ground.'

"When he is laying there we would say, 'Do you feel like dancing now?'

"And that pretty much solved the dancing problem."

Via Seattle Times

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
McHale, what a <Censored>ing beast.

Nevertheless, Pietrus is a <Censored>ing Monster.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
My Mavericks and Knicks won tonight which is very nice to see. As long as everyone is healthy for the Mavs we should be really good come playoff time so that we have better chemistry with Marion on the floor. Knicks one of the hottest teams in the NBA right now, playoffs perhaps? lol.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers should be 21-0 right now
very least, 20-1

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Very impressive win over the Wolves. I'd like to see the Lakers against a very good team before you keep calling them the best team ever.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
C'mon Orlando, finish the Suns for the love-of-God.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
your right
we should discount every win against any NBA team not named Boston and Orlando. Lakers are 0-0

and i didnt say they're the best team ever, but they are damn good.
you'll see in 2 weeks

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
your right
we should discount every win against any NBA team not named Boston and Orlando. Lakers are 0-0

and i didnt say they're the best team ever, but they are damn good.
you'll see in 2 weeks
If they should be 21-0, that's the best team ever..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
but they're not 21-0

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
OMG. Say the Nets get the 1st pick in the draft. They would take John Wall obviously but woul be stuck with two point guards. So they trade Harris to us for K-Mart, giving them a SG and allowing Wall to stay at his natural PG position and we get a PG allowing us to move Tyreke to SG. Would they do that you think?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmm

interesting thought, but dont you think Tyreke needs a pass first PG rather than a guy who's almost just like him in Harris? thats why he's doing better with Beno than KMart, isnt it?

oh and instead of double posting, i'll just out this here. I love DFish, but this is a buuuuuurn. Brewer got him.

lol look at DJ Mbenga on the sideline put his arm around Josh Powell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%