2007-2008 Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, its official. Knicks won 94-86.

But the best part, for the first time this season Randolph and Curry showed its possible for em to coexist.

Randolph finished with 20pts and 13rebs while Curry rebounded from his HORRIBLE game last night to score 23pts and grab 9rebs. Crawford had a huge game with 32pts 7rebs and 3ast.

Whats really exciting is, how we did it w/o Marbury, and Crawford is finally playing consistent. Is this the start of the Knicks team I expected to see from the beginning...i hope so.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Great showing by the Mavs, sluggish in the first half, down 41-38 at half, but really turned it on in the 2nd half. Won it 96-83.

And a good "team" win

JH5- 23 points, 5 rebounds
Dirk- 20 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists
Harris- 14 points, 7 assists, 5 steals
Stackhouse- 17 points, 3 rebounds, 2 steals
JET- 10 points (4-8 FG)

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well Im in a very good mood, since ESPN seems to leave out so many highlights I checked the NBA.com Knicks-Nets highlights and the Knicks team I saw was COMPLETELY different from the team I expected to see, Im talking ball movement, good shot selection, and most important defense.....yes the Knicks played some D.

Randolph and Curry both showed some inside presence on the defensive end (you should see the block Curry had on Sean Williams....sick) Randolph had two steals and five assists. Crawford had 32pts off of just 18 shots.

Man I hope this is the Knicks team we see for the rest of the season, if so we can make some serious noise in the East.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Well Im in a very good mood, since ESPN seems to leave out so many highlights I checked the NBA.com Knicks-Nets highlights and the Knicks team I saw was COMPLETELY different from the team I expected to see, Im talking ball movement, good shot selection, and most important defense.....yes the Knicks played some D.

Randolph and Curry both showed some inside presence on the defensive end (you should see the block Curry had on Sean Williams....sick) Randolph had two steals and five assists. Crawford had 32pts off of just 18 shots.

Man I hope this is the Knicks team we see for the rest of the season, if so we can make some serious noise in the East.
Not make serious noise, we all know you've had too high expectations from the start, but they're a better team without Marbury for sure...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not make serious noise, we all know you've had too high expectations from the start, but they're a better team without Marbury for sure...

I think serious noise, I mean everyone says the Nets are a playoff team right? and we dominated that WHOLE game, regardless of how the cast plays its going to be tough to stop Curry and Randolph when they're clicking, especially in the East.

And I dont think my expectations were high at all, the 7th or 8th seed isnt out of reach, I mean we have only played 21 games, alo can happen b/t now and the end of the season.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Nobody thinks the Nets are a playoff team, everybody knows the Nets have sucked so far this season. IT WAS ONE GAME...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nobody thinks the Nets are a playoff team, everybody knows the Nets have sucked so far this season. IT WAS ONE GAME...

Whatever you say CC, I follow the Knicks closely and we have played a few games where the team plays to their ability, and have shown signs of a playoff team.

And EVERYBODY had the Nets in the playoffs at the beginning of the season, even you.

Yes it was one game, but it has to start somewhere right?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Honestly, do you think the Magic will continue on the road their on now?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
First off on the Nets, I picked them to be in the playoffs. I meant that now that everybody's seen them play, nobody does. There's a reason their stars are demanding trades.

As for the Magic, I don't think we'll continue on the road we're on. We've lost 4 of 5. We'll bounce back. We're for sure one of the top 3 teams in the East.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mavs are 16-9. 2 big games this week though

On Monday against the Magic and on Wednseday against the Suns

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
First off on the Nets, I picked them to be in the playoffs. I meant that now that everybody's seen them play, nobody does. There's a reason their stars are demanding trades.

As for the Magic, I don't think we'll continue on the road we're on. We've lost 4 of 5. We'll bounce back. We're for sure one of the top 3 teams in the East.
We'll see, theres no point in debating, I still think we can make the playoffs, IF Curry and Randolph continue to play like they did last night.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont know why the Kings just dont trade Artest, Miller and Bibby when he's back. And tank the rest of the season.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Celtics- 40
Raptors- 19

7:02 left in 2nd quarter

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Na.

Raptors have 25 points with 2:59 left in the 2nd quarter

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good let the Raptors get beat as bad as we did.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
10 minute delay to start the 2nd half because of a leak with all the snow in Toronto.

Not the first weird delay I've seen this year.

Earlier this year in the Sonics-Bucks game they stopped a game for about 15 minutes, a fuse went out on the jumbotran and they brought it DOWN, it was pretty cool, firefighters, got it all cleaned up.

I also saw the TJ Ford injury live.

I guess I've been lucky seeing some weird things this year

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Earlier this year in the Sonics-Bucks game they stopped a game for about 15 minutes, a fuse went out on the jumbotran and they brought it DOWN, it was pretty cool, firefighters, got it all cleaned up.
I remember that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%