'09 Bills w/Terrell Owens

How do you see the 2009 Bills w/Terrell Owens?

• AFC East Champions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wildcard Team

• 8-10 Wins, no Post-season

• Still a 7 win team

• Less than 7 win team

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I see them competing for a wildcard spot.

I want to know how TO alone skyrockets the Bills to tops in the AFC East.
I was wondering the same earlier. But I guess the same way Manny did it in baseball with the Dodgers.

FSUViking

Reaction score
I don't see what he could complain about in Buffalo though. They are low market compared to his recent teams. He isn't a center of attention anymore.
Really? You don't? Have you tried opening your eyes just a bit?

It's Buffalo. Have you ever been to Buffalo in November/December? With those winds ripping off Lake Erie...snow, ice, rain, cold? T.O. drops enough passes when he's warm. What's he gonna do when the goalposts are being blown over and he can't see the DB in front of him in the driving snow?

Dick Jauron? Mr. Military Man. Hard-nose, button down guy. Look what T.O. did to Bill Parcells. What possible chance do you think Juaron has of keeping him in line?

Bills QB(s) __________ (insert names here). If Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, and Tony Romo couldn't keep T.O. happy, what POSSIBLE F*CKING CHANCE do any of the Bills QBs have? :lol:

T.O. is in Buffalo for one reason, and one reason only. MONEY. Nobody else was interested and those who were, were not giving him guaranteed money and the deals were loaded down with incentives and behavioral clauses.

Get your chicken wings ready, Buffalo. The circus is coming to town.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was wondering the same earlier. But I guess the same way Manny did it in baseball with the Dodgers.
They Dodgers were a playoff team in a crappy division to begin with...adding Manny just sealed the deal.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes I understand all that. But you have to keep in mind the fact he is basically auditioning for a better contract next year.

Going into Philly he had his large contact, same with Dallas. Now he is on a 1-year deal, looking for a bigger contract next season and a better team.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They Dodgers were a playoff team in a crappy division to begin with...adding Manny just sealed the deal.
I know, but Manny made them much better. A .500 team to a championship contender.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know, but Manny made them much better. A .500 team to a championship contender.
The Patriots, Jets, and Dolphins are nothing like the Diamondbacks, Rockies, and Giants though. The other teams in the AFC East are more built to compete than the other teams in the NL West were.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Patriots, Jets, and Dolphins are nothing like the Diamondbacks, Rockies, and Giants though. The other teams in the AFC East are more built to compete than the other teams in the NL West were.
Haha I realise this. I didn't say I agreed with that. I'm just giving possible support for their beliefs.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I said a Wildcard team. They had visions of being a Wildcard team last season, but they stayed at the same level will Jets, Pats, & Dolphins stepped it up one. They have talent there, and only made dents in teams schedules, now with TO, he can help those dents become divots, and divots to holes, and so on.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I said a Wildcard team. They had visions of being a Wildcard team last season, but they stayed at the same level will Jets, Pats, & Dolphins stepped it up one. They have talent there, and only made dents in teams schedules, now with TO, he can help those dents become divots.
Growing up in Upstate NY, most of my family and friends are Bills fans. When they were off to a roll early last season, I kept telling everybody that their winning ways would only last if they stayed healthy.

Trent Edwards went down for a few games & as it turned out...I was right.

FSUViking

Reaction score
Trent Edwards is young...but he certainly isn't a nobody.
I suppose you're a big Tarvaris Jackson fan too..... :rolleyes:

He might not be a nobody, but you know what else he isn't? Garcia, McNabb, or Romo. So tell me where he will succeed with T.O. where those guys have failed?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I suppose you're a big Tarvaris Jackson fan too..... :rolleyes:

He might not be a nobody, but you know what else he isn't? Garcia, McNabb, or Romo. So tell me where he will succeed with T.O. where those guys have failed?
Well all 3 QB's put up solid numbers with T.O. in their offense...so tell me what pattern you are trying to establish here? If your talking about off-the-field, I can't see T.O. losing his cool and selling out his QB or Coaches in Buffalo. Why? Because he knows that he has worn out his welcome across the league & his actions in Buffalo are going to determine his time with an NFL team beyond the 2009 season.

He's cocky, arrogant, all about himself...but he's no dummy. He knows that he has to play the game this season, play nice-nice, and he will.

Keep rolling your eyes.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes I understand all that. But you have to keep in mind the fact he is basically auditioning for a better contract next year.

Going into Philly he had his large contact, same with Dallas. Now he is on a 1-year deal, looking for a bigger contract next season and a better team.
He'll be 36 next year, and with the history he's had...I doubt anyone will want him

FSUViking

Reaction score
Well all 3 QB's put up solid numbers with T.O. in their offense...so tell me what pattern you are trying to establish here? If your talking about off-the-field, I can't see T.O. losing his cool and selling out his QB or Coaches in Buffalo. Why? Because he knows that he has worn out his welcome across the league & his actions in Buffalo are going to determine his time with an NFL team beyond the 2009 season.

He's cocky, arrogant, all about himself...but he's no dummy. He knows that he has to play the game this season, play nice-nice, and he will.

Keep rolling your eyes.
I will. And you keep ignoring his history and thinking the 4th time is the charm for a 36 year old CHILD and the light switch will suddenly turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%