Source: Hawks May Consider Signing David West

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Source: Hawks May Consider Signing David West

The Atlanta Hawks may consider signing David West this summer, according to a source.

The Hawks are projected to have enough salary cap room this summer to sign two max free agents.

The Los Angeles Clippers and Memphis Grizzlies have also been mentioned as potential suitors for West, who will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We coming for the whole hood this summer 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Depends on whether West wants a title shot or the most money. Indiana's his best title shot, so if it's the former, he best stay put. The Pacers are already going to let Hansbrough walk, I'm sure. They can sign David West and hopefully he'll take something reasonable so they can keep George and Stephenson in the coming years, too.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really don't see DWest leaving Indy.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Depends on whether West wants a title shot or the most money. Indiana's his best title shot, so if it's the former, he best stay put. The Pacers are already going to let Hansbrough walk, I'm sure. They can sign David West and hopefully he'll take something reasonable so they can keep George and Stephenson in the coming years, too.

Whoa, who's to say ATL couldn't compete for a championship next year? We only got 3 players under contract right now and one's a former all-star so you can't count us out just yet lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you wont compete unless you sign dwight and cp3 and then you still need to sign role players. you guys have always been fringe contenders.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugz said:
you wont compete unless you sign dwight and cp3 and then you still need to sign role players. you guys have always been fringe contenders.

I honestly don't even think we need both but it would put us in title talks for sure 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you do need both to contend right away because this free agent class sucks so you wont be any better than this past few years unless you get both.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugz said:
you do need both to contend right away because this free agent class sucks so you wont be any better than this past few years unless you get both.

Ehh, I actually think we'd be better with just one of them and any other free agents picked up. Teague isn't a bad PG at all and we have a coach with more experience with winning on a high and consistent level.

I mean, give us just Dwight. Say we resign Smoove and even with the vast amount of free throws they'll miss and bonehead plays, we'll be a much stronger team when teams have to compete in the post against a Smoove- Horford- Dwight trio. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
as an atlanta fan you should know josh smith at the 3 does way more bad than good..

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's just a better player and a match up nightmare at PF. It would be foolish not to play him there now.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugz said:
as an atlanta fan you should know josh smith at the 3 does way more bad than good..

Depends on the team we're playing, Josh is actually really versatile with his defense due to his length. As far as offense he's just gotta know his role, better coaching should be able to change that imo.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he does too much bad on offense that it negates his defense.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All depends on the matchup, certain games he's a 50-50 shot at SF but coaching can change decision making on offense. That's IF we even decide to keep him though  

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
$tunna said:

Whoa, who's to say ATL couldn't compete for a championship next year? We only got 3 players under contract right now and one's a former all-star so you can't count us out just yet lol

I just don't see it, man, and Indiana might already be good enough to beat Miami. Why leave?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%