Report: Owners ready to lose entire season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News suggests that if the players don't except the owners' latest offer (which includes a $62 million flex-cap), they will then ask for a hard cap of $45 million, possibly starting a lockout on Friday, which could eliminate the entire 2011-12 season.
Monroe goes on to say that some owners believe that the loss of the season is important for the "long-term viability of the league." The report also states that if the current offer is rejected, a guarantee of $2 billion in annual player payroll will also be withdrawn. While it's possible the season can still be salvaged, the chances of a long-term lockout seem to be high as of today.
Source: San Antonio News-Express
Jun 29, 9:13 PM

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not really a shocker. I agree that it may be good for the league.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not really a shocker. I agree that it may be good for the league.
Why would losing a season be good...after how good this season was and how much attention the nba had this past year...losing a season would be good? C'mon now..this isnt the NFL

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah. I hate lockouts. I hated the NHL lockout, and the league is so popular right now. They could lose out on money.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
darrenrovell
BREAKING NEWS: Matt Bonner on the NBA labor negotiations: "We did not reach a deal."

Lockout will happen at 12:01 AM.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
So the NBA isn't going to have a season for sure then? I don't keep up with it so I have no idea. They don't even think they can work something out?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They have to reach a deal before a certain cut off to start the season on time. If they don't reach that, then there is another deadline they have to reach to make the season 50 games. If they don't reach a deal then, then the lockout lasts all season.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Does FA still happen?

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
They have to reach a deal before a certain cut off to start the season on time. If they don't reach that, then there is another deadline they have to reach to make the season 50 games. If they don't reach a deal then, then the lockout lasts all season.
Wow, definitely doesn't sound good for the NBA then. Sounds like they are in worse shape than the NFL.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would losing a season be good...after how good this season was and how much attention the nba had this past year...losing a season would be good? C'mon now..this isnt the NFL
If losing a season meant fixing the NBA, yes it would be good.

Tom Penn just said in a interview that if you rated how broken the NBA is, it'd be a 10-10.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Must suck for the players that are free agents right now.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
If losing a season meant fixing the NBA, yes it would be good.

Tom Penn just said in a interview that if you rated how broken the NBA is, it'd be a 10-10.
Maybe that's why I have no interest in it? lol. I have no idea really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%