You're Better Than That

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Mo Williams has recently guaranteed that the Cavs are going to win the Eastern Conference Finals, and I would like to say Mo, you are better than that. Lebron James is the only one to me that has any right to make any type of guarantee because Mo Williams right now can't even guarantee that he is going to make an open jump shot. Mo, you are shooting 32% on the series, 25% from the 3 point line, and you haven't done anything other than stand around the perimeter watching Number 23 go to work, giving the true meaning to a witness. This guarantee of a victory reminds me of Brian Scalabrine boasting to the media about winning a ring last season when he had a suit on for the entire finals. You have to walk the walk before you talk the talk, and Mo Williams you have limped through this series. Step your game up before you start to talk trash, Mo Williams, you are better than that.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was talking to the media, and THEY asked him if the Cavs will win the series, do you want him to say no the Cavs are going to lose?

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
The correct way to answer the question would be what others have said countless times, we are going to go out and lay our hearts out and take it one game at a time, and to let you know he mentioned it one more time without being prompted about it which is what made me say this, he said it again.

VC15

Reaction score
I agree with Nj on this one, Mo has sucked in this series and to go out and make a guarantee like that is foolish, and will motivate the Magic to end this in 6 or very likely 5 games.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright I'm hoping from now on players on my favorite teams guarantee that they will lose.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Once again ElCheato read the post, there is a difference between stating your confidence, and flat out making a guarantee that you are going to win the series. A better answer could have been:

Reporter: Are you guaranteeing a series win?

Mo: I don't like to make guarantees but if we come out the way that we know we can, and play to the best of our ability we will have a gerat chance to win

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, I read your post and I don't want players who aren't confident. There is nothing wrong with saying your team will win when the media asks you. He answered the question straight forward and people are getting upset. Blame the media if you don't want him to make guarantees.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
What about him bringing it up himself the second time?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What is wrong with saying it twice? He is sticking by his statements.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All im saying is screw the bs. Everytime Im only playing to win. I dont care about the other team. I feel confident we are gonna win. At first i was like why would mo say it the way he is playing. But you should always be confident that your team is gonna win. If you dont feel that way go sit your ass on the sidelines.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would he say anything otherwise? You gotta have a positive attitude that you are going to win, and that you want to win. It shows he has a positive attitude and wants his team to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%