Wolves and Sessions near deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After a long wait, the restricted free-agent Ramon Sessions appears to be on the verge of signing an offer sheet with the Timberwolves.

The Wolves have about $3.7 million of their mid-level exception available as a starting salary to offer Sessions.

The Bucks would have seven days to match but it is believed that they are highly unlikely to do so since they are only $1.6 million under the luxury tax threshold. Wolves' GM David Kahn would add another point guard to his roster after Ricky Rubio's decision to spend two more years overseas.

The Knicks and Clippers were thought to be in the chase for Sessions.

Via The Journal Times

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nice

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Very nice sign for the Wolves.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He'll be good in a Minny uni. Pretty cheap too IMO.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wonder how long the deal is for. My assumption would be 2 years right? Since that's when Rubio probably comes back.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Finally.. This guy was taking forever to sign for part of the MLE. Really? lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Restricted free-agent Ramon Sessions and the Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to an offer sheet at around $4 million per year over four years. The fourth season will be a player option.

Chris Sheridan reports that weeks ago, Sessions decided to hold off on committing to the Knicks in the hopes of a new team emerging. The Bucks will have seven days to decide whether or not to match the terms of the Wolves' offer sheet to Sessions.

Via ESPN
4Mill, 4 Years

Knicks shoulda did that..

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I knew this dude wouldn't sign till I started school

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
John Hammond said the Bucks will not match the four-year, $16.4 million offer sheet Ramon Sessions signed with the Timberwolves one week ago.

"We are not going to match the Ramon Sessions offer sheet," Hammond said. "As always we will be diligent in looking to improve our roster. We wish Ramon the very best."

The Bucks were under a deadline to match the offer sheet by Friday in order to retain Sessions, who will now join lottery pick Jonny Flynn in the Minnesota backcourt.

Via The Journal Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%