Winnipeg reaches season ticket goal in 17 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
That was quick. In impressive fashion, the hockey fans of Winnipeg purchased 13,000 season tickets in three days of pre-sale and 17 minutes into Saturday's general public sale.

Ticket-package holders of the American Hockey League's Manitoba Moose and corporate advertising clients bought 7,158 season tickets in the pre-sale that ended 11 p.m. ET Friday night. The remaining 5,842 were purchased online in 17 minutes, announced by the True North Sports and Entertainment group. True North has entered into an agreement to purchase and relocate the Atlanta Thrashers, pending NHL Board of Governors approval at its Board meeting June 21 in New York.

"We would like to take a special moment to thank all of our fans in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Canada for their support over the past week, in particular, the overwhelming response of our fans which has resulted in a successful 'Drive to 13,000' campaign," said Jim Ludlow, President & CEO, True North Sports & Entertainment. "The success of the campaign is a key ingredient to ensuring the sustainability and long-term viability of NHL hockey in this province. We look forward to seeing everyone this fall at MTS Centre for opening night of regular season NHL hockey in Winnipeg."

The swift fan support will no doubt be a happy topic of discussion when prospective owners David Thomson and Mark Chipman, True North chairman, interview with the League's Executive Committee in New York this coming Tuesday.

There was no questioning the passion for hockey in Winnipeg, but Saturday's success is a deep, practical response from fans anticipating NHL games in MTS Centre. The 13,000 season tickets were bought for a minimum of three years and up to five years.

"While I had no doubt the 'Drive to 13,000' would reach its destination, the remarkable speed at which it got there certifies the fans' hunger for NHL hockey and their commitment to True North's initiatives," said NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman in a statement before Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final in Vancouver.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
So its official Winnipeg is back ! The fans are passionate about the game... Can't wait to see the new name of the team and also the uniforms.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It can't not be the Jets. It's such a classic name for the city of Winnipeg.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'd rather have something else for us.
The Jets name is too classic. It's a different team.

But I'm stoked we sold them all, but also kinda bummed, because there's only going to be less than 1,000 tickets left for a single game.
It'll be tough to go to some.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
ya, whatever the name, they'll be a sick Canadian addition.

TTN2810

Reaction score
God I'm soooo excited.
I love the young talent the team has.
Kane, Little, Burmistrov, Ladd, Wheeler, and Bogosian are all 25 or under, and Byfuglien and Enstrom are 26.
Tons of young talent, and we have the 7th pick.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, duh...how could they keep clamoring for their team back and then not sell out? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%