Will Bayless start at PG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After winning the Summer League MVP and scoring 29 PPG and showing his ability to score the ball as well as handle it do you guys think he will start at PG? Im just curious what you guys think. He will be up against guys like Sergio Rodriguez, Steve Blake and Rudy Fernandez who can also play PG if needed,

-Hova

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really don't think he showed the ability to handle the ball with an average of 1.75 assists per game and 3.75 turn overs per game but it was just the summer league so we'll see... But anyway, I don't see him as the day 1 started, most likely it will be Steve Blake. But if he does not perform at all and Bayless is playing good off the bench I'd imagine they'd play him.

I always thought the Blazers could use a pass first Point guard rather then a point guard with a scoring mentality but we'll see how it works for them in the future.

VC15

Reaction score
He should later in the season, but I'd personally go with Blake right now.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He could start he played the one at arizona and in hs. He can play it. But idk if he will start from the beginning,

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with you guys. I dont think he will start right away. I think Sergio should start to begin the season. I really dont like Blake and I think Sergio gives a much better chance at winning. I still want to see Rudy get time, but I dont think he will get much time at the point, probably more time at the two, maybe even three. But I think it will be Rodriguez-Bayless-Blake even though Blake should be released.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How do u not like blake? he's a solid startin pg.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How do u not like blake? he's a solid startin pg.
Hes too old and if I could have a younger guy like Sergio Rodriguez perform as well or better, Id take him anyday.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hes too old and if I could have a younger guy like Sergio Rodriguez perform as well or better, Id take him anyday.
I know the blzers are young and everything, but 28 old?
Portland could se some sort of vet.
Blake>Rodriguez

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Blazers are going to need a veteran leader on there team, it will be hard to win with all young guys and no veterans in that lineup, and I'm just gonna guess that it will be Blake. Also it will be interesting to see if Oden starts day one, because he is basically a rookie. I think he has a better shot to start considering the Blazers center depth.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Blazers are going to need a veteran leader on there team, it will be hard to win with all young guys and no veterans in that lineup, and I'm just gonna guess that it will be Blake. Also it will be interesting to see if Oden starts day one, because he is basically a rookie. I think he has a better shot to start considering the Blazers center depth.
Greg is starting no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%