Who Will Dumars Go After?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who will Joey D go after for this team guys?

Or who would you like us to got after? And who too trade.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn smart men think alike, I was just gunna do this lol.

I'd say we try to trade Rip and Sheed, we can package our picks too along with our 2nds for next year(TWolves and Raps).

We can go after one superstar and some good young role players, or hell 2 superstars.

Something like this

Sheed Rip Draft picks(all this year and both 2nds next year)
for
JRich and GWall.

The Bobcats would prolly be a playoff team for sure, plus LBrown likes Sheed and Rip. We then try to trade tay or GWall for a PF/C and then we sign a couple of players with the MLE(like Pietrus).

Or we can play small ball next year if that trade(or something like it happened) with a lineup of
Billups/JRich/GWall/Tay/Maxiell(or MLE).

But thats just a little dream type trade, I'd rather try to trade Sheed and Rip(along with our picks) for Elton Brand(sign and trade) and the Clippers 1st for this year(then use it to draft a C like Lopez or Love if they slip).

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't want J-Rich and G-Force, that would leave us with a small ball line-up which I hate. And it wouldn't happened anyways. Terrible move for the 'Cats to make lol.

As for the Brand one I like it, I just don't think they would give us their 1st that easily. Maybe swap picks and give them a future one..

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Damn smart men think alike, I was just gunna do this lol.

I'd say we try to trade Rip and Sheed, we can package our picks too along with our 2nds for next year(TWolves and Raps).

We can go after one superstar and some good young role players, or hell 2 superstars.

Something like this

Sheed Rip Draft picks(all this year and both 2nds next year)
for
JRich and GWall.

The Bobcats would prolly be a playoff team for sure, plus LBrown likes Sheed and Rip. We then try to trade tay or GWall for a PF/C and then we sign a couple of players with the MLE(like Pietrus).

Or we can play small ball next year if that trade(or something like it happened) with a lineup of
Billups/JRich/GWall/Tay/Maxiell(or MLE).

But thats just a little dream type trade, I'd rather try to trade Sheed and Rip(along with our picks) for Elton Brand(sign and trade) and the Clippers 1st for this year(then use it to draft a C like Lopez or Love if they slip).
Neither would happen imo. The Clippers one is far wosre then the first one. No way they would include the 7th pick.

Rasheed Wallace, Tayshaun Prince for Eddy Curry and Q-Rich.

LMAO, that won't happen either.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
On another note, after watching the press conference from today, I love how Dumars sounds like he actually will make changes this time. And that he wants to trade some of the core away. I also love how he says our "window of opportunity" isn't closed at all. And he will make sure it won't pretty much. And the fact he says we will mix it up but the team won't go out and blow nuts for a few years and then get better eventually. He wants to win now.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys do know that Mobley is also a FA next year and he's gunna make 10Mill so if they sign and traded Brand for Sheed and Rip that would leave them with 26mill, they could use that to get 3 HUGE FAs or 2 and a bunch of role players... But both of my offers were just dreams.

And Grandy that Sheed and Tay for Curry and QRich could happen but I think Dumars wouldn't do that.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Curry and Q-Rich leaves us with the same team we started with really..

Curry>Sheed
Q-Rick<Tayshaun

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
I'd take Curry over Sheed and Q-Rich gives us some good 3 point shooting. I don't really want to trade Rip so.

I don't think the trade will happen, it's hard to come up with an actually even trade without getting bashed for saying it.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yup, maybe we should go after JH5 like Maple said.

Maybe Dumars will get a 3team deal going?
The only thing I know is Dumars really is only gunna shop Rip/Sheed/Tay/Dyess everyone is else is staying.
Unless we get a good offer for Billups and someone else(or even just Billups) he's staying.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dyess isn't leaving.. No one would want him anyways. His hearts in Detroit.

And Grandy, I'd take Tay's defense over Q-Rich's 3pt shooting.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

You mean lack of 3pt shooting? That guy sucks now.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, plus Curry's offensive game isn't much better than Sheed's IMO.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score

Eh, I could see Dyess leaving here to get a ring, thats why he came here.

I'd like to see Tay get a bigger role in the offense, but I don't like all of his decisions he makes.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tayshaun needs to stop settling for that damn jumpshot. Ain't no one at the SF spot can really match his size, he needs to post up more..

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Tayshaun needs to stop settling for that damn jumpshot. Ain't no one at the SF spot can really match his size, he needs to post up more..
I don't really like him posting up that much, he doesn't really like to pass it when he gets down low in the post, when he needs too.

I already said the trade wouldn't happen anyways. Jeez.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Rasheed Wallace + Tayshaun Prince <-> Vince Carter + Sean Williams + Keith Van Horn

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His down low game is better than his jumper IMO lol.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rasheed Wallace + Tayshaun Prince <-> Vince Carter + Sean Williams + Keith Van Horn
I said something like this is a possibility earlier, I wouldn't mind it really. I think we need a down low game first if anything though.

I love Sean Williams however. :)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I LOVE Sean and VC is like my fav player, I'd do that. But I'd be sad to see Tay go, if he gets a bigger role he can be a 20ppg player. Maybe send Rip and sign Juan Dixon to a small contract and trade him. I just really don't want to see Tay go, but VC would be butts in the seats and make Pistons games even funner to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%