Who Steps Up in the Colts' Running Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
They have two solid options in the backfield, and both didn't perform well at all last season. Both Joseph Addai and Donald Brown are back this season, and are the top two runners in that weak Indianapolis backfield. Peyton needs some help from the running game to help open up his passing game, so which one of the two do you guys think will open up the ground game?

If you ask me, I think it's going to be Donald Brown. Addai is talented, but he just lacks the mentality of a runner, as he likes to dance around in the back-field before hitting the hole which normally results in lost yardage. Brown on the other hand needs to learn some patience before hitting a crowded hole and getting brought down for a small, if any gain.

That being said, which of these two do you guys think will step up for the Colts? Or will they step up?

Thoughts?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see Donald Brown cut or Traded... He's now #3 on the depth chart and making way too much for a #3.

What a bust he is.

Beat writer Phillip Wilson confirms that Delone Carter is ahead of Donald Brown and Darren Evans for the Colts' backup job.
Carter, the Colts' fourth-round pick this year, hasn't blown anyone's socks off. But he's been solid enough to establish himself behind Joseph Addai, leaving Brown and Evans in the same group as Javarris James and Chad Spann. Carter figures to hold down the majority of early-down work if Addai were to go down.

mikematt

Reaction score
I'm thinking addai will have an improved year, now that we have worked on our oline a bit.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I'm thinking addai will have an improved year, now that we have worked on our oline a bit.
Could go either way... Oline as a rookie is very hard to do.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brown won't ever start for the Colts because Peyton doesn't trust him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of Joe Addai, just needs to stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%