Warriors Want Lee, Killing Curry-For-Harrington Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
The Knicks had serious discussions with the Warriors about a trade involving Eddy Curry and Al Harrington, but talks ended when Golden State insisted that they receive David Lee in the deal as well.
Good job New York, why would you trade a nice young piece like David Lee for Al Harrington?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they wouldnt give Lee for Artest why would they give him for Al?

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I absolutely love Lee...

But I think we should trade him if we really want LBJ... His contract will expire before then, and he'll get somewhere around 7-11 mill a year, and hinder our chances at getting LBJ... If we can trade him for a nice combination of young players/picks, I'll do it...

Al Harrington is neither young, nor good... I wouldn't want him at all - he's a big man that can shoot, but can't rebound or play D much better than Curry himself...

Good job not even discussing this ludicrous deal - though I do like the idea of dumping Curry somewhere.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The hell was Golden St. thinking asking for Curry AND Lee?

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
They'd have a better chance at getting Marbury than Lee.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Honestly, I would have liked to move Curry for Harrington straight up. It would allow us to get under the CAP for 2010 giving us a legitimate shot at LeBron or another big FA.

Hopefully Golden St. Has a change of heart, but their idiots for insisting Lee be apart of the trade

Lee alone > Harrington

.loggie

Reaction score
i dont see why GS would want another young centre when they just re-signed biedrins to a big contract. i might trade david lee alone but asking for lee and curry is a bit much

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They need low post scoring and Biedrins doesnt fill that need, thats my best guess.

I wouldnt trade Lee for Harrington straight up anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%