Wade: "I Merit MVP Consideration"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dwyane Wade believes that his name deserves to be mentioned in the MVP conservation thanks to a great individual season and the resurgence of the Heat.

"Where I came from last year, people were writing me off," Wade said of the 2007-08 season. "You've got some people who call it a two-man race, and you've got some people who say, 'Don't forget about D-Wade.'

"I'm just happy to be in the discussion. Coming from where I came from last year, my team winning 15 games to where we are now, it's a blessing."

Wade also seriously discussed how the MVP award should be handed out.

"Most Valuable player to his team, simple as that," he said. "I'm not taking anything from Kobe last year. I thought he was unbelievable. I thought he should have won MVPs in previous years. But I thought Chris Paul was the most valuable player to his team last year, from the way he played and what he meant to that team.

"You've got to take a guy off a team and say, 'If he wasn't on there, how would this team be?' and see everything he brings to his team. That's my interpretation of what a most valuable player is. But everyone has their different takes."

Via South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He should be in the conversation and Cp3 shouldve got mvp last year.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's 100% right.

If the Heat were a better team right now, people would be all over Wade for MVP consideration.

Unfortunately, Miami is a 1-man show right now.

B.Rich

Reaction score
His name definitely deserves to be mentioned in the race. And in my opinion hes barely out of first for that. Especially after last months performance.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can live with Wade as MVP actually. Especially with his team or lack thereof.
The Heat are in good position and Wade deserves about 95% credit for that. I tip my hat to him.
However, he isn't gonna get it not because of where his team is, but because of where Kobe's and LeBron's are.
LeBron has the MVP locked up.
Kobe is gonna get 2nd basically by default, that leaves Wade 3rd in my book

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wont deny that he does deserve it, but the way the award is given out every year, he does not deserve it by "nba standards". The award goes to the best player on one of the best teams. Kobe should have won it a few years ago when he was carrying a team, LeBron should have won it last year (he did exactly what Wade is doing now) and Wade should win this year but that's not the way the award works.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Personally, I think the following should be mentioned:

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Lebron James

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh and why did CP deserve the MVP last season?
Lakers were without Bynum for half the season, sure we got Gasol but he only played like 23 games because he too missed about a month, Lamar was gone for a little while as well, and Kobe still put up 28/6/5. Without Kobe, Lakers might not have the playoffs. It was really close last year.

Chris Paul was great too, but he didnt have to deal with the injuries Kobe had, and they STILL finished behind L.A.

anyways, this season showed why I believed New Orleans was a fluke last season

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with Wade here, but I don't think he deserves the award. Lebron definitely has it locked up, he's basically the only reason the Cavs win every night.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh and why did CP deserve the MVP last season?
Lakers were without Bynum for half the season, sure we got Gasol but he only played like 23 games because he too missed about a month, Lamar was gone for a little while as well, and Kobe still put up 28/6/5. Without Kobe, Lakers might not have the playoffs. It was really close last year.

Chris Paul was great too, but he didnt have to deal with the injuries Kobe had, and they STILL finished behind L.A.

anyways, this season showed why I believed New Orleans was a fluke last season
Bynum is always out. And then you guys had gasol. Cp3 dominated last season. It couldve went either way but it went kobe's way. But chris paul was just as deserving as kobe for mvp last year.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Then what exactly are the " MVP STANDARDS " Then? So like your team isn't some sort of some elite team that's either 1 or 2 in the East and West you can't win the MVP Award?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Then what exactly are the " MVP STANDARDS " Then? So like your team isn't some sort of some elite team that's either 1 or 2 in the East and West you can't win the MVP Award?
Every year it goes to the best player on one of the best teams.. They aren't going to change the way they give it out for Wade.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
okay, then being 5th in the east is horrible.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
okay, then being 5th in the east is horrible.
The 5th seed in a 2 team conference, maybe 3 when Nelson isn't injured, isn't that good. 14th best record in the NBA, I would say is just decent..

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
5th in the east would be 10th in the west :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%