Wade 1-up's Santa Claus

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Finally a positive story coming from the wide world of sports...

Associated Press said:
Heat's Wade helps family displaced by fire

MIAMI (AP) - When Dwyane Wade heard the plight of a South Florida woman whose nephew accidentally burned down her home - and ruined all the family's possessions - the Miami Heat star knew he had to do something.

So he replaced the house.

Wade presented Dawn Smith with the ultimate Christmas gift on Wednesday - the keys to a new home, along with some furnishings, clothing and gifts to make sure her family has a joyous holiday, something that didn't seem likely just a few weeks ago.

"That's what I try to teach my kids," said Wade, whose foundation has hosted several charity events this holiday season, mostly for needy children. "It's not about what you're going to receive - it's what you can give to others from what you've received."

Smith couldn't hold back happy sobs when she saw the home for the first time.

"A big time relief," Smith said, clearly overcome by emotion. "Thank you so much. Thank you so much. Oh, God, thank you so much."

The NBA's leading scorer this season had a simple message: "Hopefully, you'll like it."

Wade's other holiday events this year included a party for 350 children on Monday, and hosting 100 kids at Tuesday night's Heat game against the Golden State Warriors. He also donated $10,000 to each of three children's organizations, but said he was particularly touched by his gift to the Smith family.

"We can help this family have a new beginning," Wade said.
The guy is a class act and I am proud to be a huge fan of his. -AE

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Great Guy. He's a amazing ballplayer and a even better person

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why Wade is one of my favorite players. Is a great bball player and a great guy.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I have always been a fan of his, and this is one of the main reasons why. He is a true class act, and a great talent as well. Glad to see this, and I wish it would happen more often.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Man, I heard about this Before, wade helped her out Local news was all over this, I think they put her nephew, in some kind of fire school.

Just in time for christmas..Great guy

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Class act.
Finally someone these days in the NBA who isn't all about the money.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Class act.
Finally someone these days in the NBA who isn't all about the money.
You know I really don't have a problem with somebody like Flash making the kind of money he does because it's situations like these, where Wade steps up and gives a lot back to the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%