Vokoun Gone at Deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Florida Panthers general manager Dale Tallon has expressed that he wants to build the franchise up through the draft, which explains the nature of some of his personnel decisions since taking over. There's one 800-pound gorilla -- well, 195-pound Czech goaltender -- still sitting in the room, however.

Bruce Garrioch presented his weekly rumor roundup on Sunday morning, and included the tidbit that given Tallon's intentions, "Tomas Vokoun will be gone by the trade deadline." Garrioch notes that Tallon wants a first-round draft pick in exchange for his netminder, and that the Tampa Bay Lightning -- who have been winning in spite of suspect goaltending this season -- may be the team on which to keep an eye.

For counterpoint, here's ESPN NHL Insider E.J. Hradek, who doesn't see Lightning GM Steve Yzerman making a move in-season
Via ESPN Insider.

I figured this would happen, with Markstrom coming up

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise, I actually thought he would be gone last year. Markstrom is going to be a great goaltender some day.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise, I actually thought he would be gone last year. Markstrom is going to be a great goaltender some day.
Very great. Now, the Blues need to find a new home for Jake Allen before every team gets their goalie slots filled.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Haha Jake Allen... after his WJC showing last year, trade him ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%