Utah Jazz Owner Dies At 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SALT LAKE CITY (AP)—Larry H. Miller, the car sales mogul who turned the Utah Jazz into one of the NBA’s most stable teams, died Friday from complications of type 2 diabetes. He was 64.

Miller was at home with his family when he passed away, the team said in a statement.

Miller had a heart attack in June 2008, then spent nearly two months in the hospital for complications from diabetes. He was in a wheelchair after his release from the hospital and his medical problems continued, leading to the amputation of his legs six inches below the knee in January.

A tireless worker with a knack for the most minute details, Miller started his career in an auto parts shop, then built a car dealership empire that made him one of Utah’s most recognized and influential people. Miller expanded his realm in 1985 when he bought a 50 percent share of the Jazz as the team appeared on the verge of moving to Miami.

Miller bought the rest of the team a year later, declining an offer that would have sent the team to Minnesota, and the team in the smallest media market in the NBA flourished. The Jazz made consecutive appearances in the NBA finals in 1997 and 1998.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aour...p&type=lgns

R I P

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was shocked when I heard this.
Rest in peace is all I can say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%