Tyronn Lue signing with Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Had a post-game phone conversation with Tyronn Lue and he says it’s official, he’s signing with the Dallas Mavericks. Lue was waived Friday by Sacramento and had his choice of teams (Dallas, Phoenix, Denver, Charlotte, etc.) in need of a veteran backup point guard to help them through the end of the season and the playoffs. He fielded calls from good friends in Phoenix (Shaq, Grant Hill, etc.) but said he opted for the opportunity in Dallas because of the role he’ll play backing up a future Hall of Famer in Jason Kidd.
http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...fid=blogs_hawks

Nice pickup for them, I dont pay attention to Dallas so dont bash me Maple lol but if I am correct they need a decent backup for Kidd like Lue. So its a nice sign.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
meh, still doesnt bring them over the hump
but hopefully this means that Terry could stop playing PG while Kidd sits.
Seriously, i want to kill myself when I see JT playing point. he has to be one of the worst PG's i've ever seen. not player, PG....

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well if they would put Terry back on the bench where he was rocking all season, they wouldn't really need him. All this means is that JJ probably won't be playing much anymore.

.loggie

Reaction score
I don't think this makes a big difference to the Mavs. How many minutes do you think he'll get?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It will probably depend on how he does, if they continue to start Terry, he might be in for quite a while for when Kidd needs a break.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I woulda signed with Denver if I was him, he would have started there, but then again I doubt he likes Ivo lol.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, he'll become our back-up most likely. Should be a good fit. Brings some speed off the bench but is also pretty smart with the ball

X-Factor

LOST>ALL
Reaction score
I remember when the hawks and nets played eachother (with kidd on the nets) for some reason, lue always did great against us..

I say good pickup for Mavs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%