Three Reasons Why Kelvin Benjamin Makes Sense For Panthers

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Carolina Panthers held their cards close to their chest for much of the pre-draft process, then went all in on a risky hand. It's one of those things that's simultaneously exhilarating and terrifying, but the more you think about the decision making behind taking Kelvin Benjamin, the more you like it.

A lot of fan bases will be doing purchase justification today. What I mean by this is finding ways to backtrack on pre-draft analysis to explain why a pick makes sense, even if they never believed in the player up to this point. It's a common move to dissuade fears, force excitement and often comes saddled with statements like "In ____ we trust." No, that phenomenon isn't unique to Panthers fans.

It's important to wade through the bullshit when trying to look at a pick objectively. Outlets will force draft grades down your throat this morning and I'll save you some time: The results aren't pretty. The terms "reach" and "raw" are thrown around like Mardi Gras beads, the grade is hovering well below a "B."

Foregoing the idea of "In Gettleman we trust," here's three reasons why Benjamin was the right pick for the Panthers.
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2014/5/9/5698676/nfl-draft-2014-three-reasons-kelvin-benjamin

deeba

The Skunky Nugget
Reaction score
he's so good. excited to see what he does in his rookie year.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Stop posting the snippet in the quote and expecting me to click the link to read the rest of the article, I ain't doing that shit

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wouldn't even expect you to read a snippet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%