Theus Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Breaking News -- Kings Head Coach Reggie Theus fired.

Assistant coach Kenny Natt will be named to interim coach.

Theus is the sixth NBA coach to be fired before Christmas this season, joining Philadelphia's Maurice Cheeks, Minnesota's Randy Wittman, Toronto's Sam Mitchell, Washington's Eddie Jordan and Oklahoma City's P.J. Carlesimo.

Sources said that one of Theus' assistants, Chuck Person, was also dismissed with the Kings mired at 6-18, although star guard Kevin Martin has been limited to nine games because of injuries.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
It was only a matter of time.. I mean if Mo Cheeks got fired, this guy had no shot to finish the season.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
because the kings have too much talent to be where they are > _>
i dont like this firing at all.

if it wasnt for the clippers winning 2 in a row(lol) then DUnleavy's seat would be really hot right now.
I really dont understand why he hasnt been fired. i know he's GM, but damn

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
because the kings have too much talent to be where they are > _>
i dont like this firing at all.
lol +1

I don't see how they could have higher expectations, especially since kevin martins been hurt too.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and its not like the new guy will do any better

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Reminds me of a Queen song....."Another one bites the dust, and another one gone, and another one gone, and another one bites the dust."

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good coach, smart man, just given really <Censored>ty talent.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
I knew this was going to happen..wow.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I supported Theus all last season, but he has no transition on defense. Worst defense I've ever seen played. Yeah, the Kings are bad, but not a 25% winning percentage bad.

Brad Miller is next.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Theus parting shop:
"Things around here tend to be on the negative side. That's the one thing I hope that changes. You have to pull for each other in an organization on all levels."
Joe Maloof:
"We weren't progressing," [Joe] Maloof said. "We were regressing instead of progressing. We didn't get the sense we were going anywhere. We were spinning on wheels. You can't have those kinds of home losses. We were losing games by 20 points."

"Every owner wants to win immediately," Maloof said. "The owners wouldn't be where they are if they didn't have that kind of competitive drive. They're just as competitive as the players and coaches. You're right there on the court. You can feel it. You can see it when they're not performing the way you think they should. You've got to have something that the fans can grasp and hold onto."

Also, sucks for Person. What did he do? lol

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There was a frequent complaint from the front office and players that Theus was habitually late to team buses or slow arriving to games; there was the way in which his candid nature with the media would irk the players and the team's training staff; there were stories of the coach answering his cell phone during practice. In many ways, Theus had only re-emphasized his me-first reputation of old.

In the locker room a sign put up by Theus read "It's not about you." The sarcastic retort among his critics, however, was that it was about him.

Sportsguy9695

Reaction score
not surprised here. what is this like the 5th firing of a head coach this season??? once mo cheecks went I knew it was just a matter of time

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
6th. But yeah, most firings up to this point in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%