The Kidd talks continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
New York Post -
According to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post, the Los Angeles Lakers have a plan to try to acquire Nets star Jason Kidd for a couple draft picks, Kwame Brown's expiring contract ($9M), Jordan Farmar ($1M) and Vladimir Radmanovic ($5.6M with an additional $19.2M over the next three seasons). Not unexpectedly, the Nets aren't interested in assuming Radmanovic's long-term guarantee. There's nothing not to love about Farmar, yet New Jersey already has a promising, young caretaker in Marcus Williams.

According to Vecsey, another source believes the Cavaliers (Drew Gooden) and Mavericks (Erick Dampier) are in better position to provide the Nets with frontcourt help, but neither team nor the Lakers can offer more than the Nuggets - an almost-rehabbed Nene or Marcus Camby vs. Kenyon Martin. Coach George Karl urgently wants Kidd to free Allen Iverson to concentrate exclusively on scoring. Aside from one of the two aforementioned big men, Denver is prepared to kick in Linas Kleiza and JR Smith.
I would rather him go to Denver he would make them waaay better..But I wouldn't want them to give up Marcus.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yikes, if he goes to Denver, they'd be awesome on Offense, but defense would be iffy
and their bench would be weak as hell

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Imagine Kidd, Iverson, and Anthony on the same roster. Talk about high scoring.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Imagine Kidd, Iverson, and Anthony on the same roster. Talk about high scoring.
The last time Kidd averaged 15 points per was in 03-04... Kidd only scores 1 more point per game than Kleiza... If you wanna "talk about high scoring", then you should talk about Garnett, Pierce and Allen... Or O'neal, Wade and Davis... Or Nash, Amare and Marion...

Nothing against Kidd, but to say that he's a high scorer... blasphemy. I nearly declared shenanigans just because of that.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I was thinking more along the lines of him getting the ball to the scorers more. But yeah.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The last time Kidd averaged 15 points per was in 03-04... Kidd only scores 1 more point per game than Kleiza... If you wanna "talk about high scoring", then you should talk about Garnett, Pierce and Allen... Or O'neal, Wade and Davis... Or Nash, Amare and Marion...

Nothing against Kidd, but to say that he's a high scorer... blasphemy. I nearly declared shenanigans just because of that.
That is true. Theres alot of trios I'd consider high scoring before a fantasy combination of Kidd, Iverson, and Carmelo. Its hard enough for Iverson to get points with Carmelo hogging the ball...think about Kidd. He'd just feed Melo's hunger

And you're lucky shenanigans wasn't declared...

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I was thinking more along the lines of him getting the ball to the scorers more. But yeah.
What's wrong with Carter, Jefferson and Kidd? Not much of a difference with melo, iverson and kidd, except iverson and melo hog more, which will conflict with Kidd's style... I don't know how much they are willing to sacrifice, but to succeed, the Nugs would need to change their playing style to match Kidd's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%