Tayshaun upset with coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
FanNation.com said:
After the Portland game, there were signs that there is growing frustration as the Piston fell to 6-6 since acquiring point guard Allen Iverson in a trade. Coach Michael Curry was obviously in a bad mood after watching his team fall behind 25-11 -- a deficit it couldn't overcome. And the focus of his ire was the starters. "Our starters put us in a hole that we battled back from the entire night, and when we did get it back, there were times where we had to give the guys off our bench a blow. ... This game is on our starters," Curry said. "When we put them back in we never got great things going. "I thought the guys came off our bench and gave us a chance to compete and win the game. That was disappointing." Though he didn't single out starting small forward Tayshaun Prince, it was obvious he wasn't pleased with Prince's performance. The Pistons were outscored by 23 points with Prince on the court, and he didn't even play in the fourth quarter when Detroit took a brief lead at 77-75 on two Arron Affalo free throws. When asked about his decision to leave Prince on the bench, Curry simply said: "Tay didn't play well tonight." That was news to Prince, who expressed disbelief when told about Curry's comments. "Huh?" said Prince, who scored 10 points on 4-for-8 shooting in 22 minutes. "Wow, I thought I was playing pretty good if you ask me. ... I don't know. It's up to them to see what's going on, and I guess their decision was to sit me down. I was playing well." Prince expressed frustration with his point-forward role. "I was upset when I came out of the game in the first quarter because I thought I started the game off well trying to get the guys in the flow. It's always tough for me because I'm in the position where I'm put at the point-guard position; I'm trying to make plays for them, get them guys going. Sometimes I'm going to have a good night doing it. Sometimes it's going to take me out of my rhythm." And he had still more to say: "I don't know what's going. Hopefully, they could have said something after the game to let us know, but they didn't do it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%