Tayshaun Prince Part Of Offseason Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Pistons are primed for significant changes after a disappointing season and many believe that Tayshaun Prince will have to be a part of any major deal they swing.

Despite handling Detroit rather easily in a four-game sweep, LeBron James had kind words for the former Eastern Conference power.

"I think [president] Joe [Dumars] is going to do a great job of getting this team back to playing competitive basketball," James said. "They have some very good players right now. And one thing about Detroit, you never count those guys out."

Via MLive.com
The Pistons suffered through a major trade, an eight-game losing skid and a first-round playoff sweep, which leads many to believe that they'll have an eventful offseason.

"I knew for sure once we traded Chauncey [Billups] that we were going to be a different team," said coach Michael Curry. "We got a big off-season to bring some additions to the team, and look forward to getting better and going on another run."

Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press wrote on Tuesday morning that of the team's core, only Rodney Stuckey, Richard Hamilton, Arron Afflalo, Will Bynum, Kwame Brown and Jason Maxiell are likely to return.

Via Detroit Free Press
Don't trade Tay, trade Rip..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rip is much more consistent that Prince. I'm sick of Prince at this point.

If Prince could be used to get us a much better piece, I'd be all for it.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Don't trade Tay? That's ridiculous. We NEED to trade Tay and keep Rip. I am sick of Tay's inconsistent scoring and weak ass body. I thought he was supposed to be able to guard players like LeBron and Pierce? He hasn't done much.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol every time EVER TIME, Rip or Billups would be out who would score 20+.. Tay, he's the most well rounded player on our team. Rip scores more but tay's contract is better and Tay is the better team player and smarter player. Tay is also the better defensive player.

But I'm not saying don't trade him if he can get us more. Cause if tay can get us more, then I guess I need to see my man traded.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
His scoring is inconsistent as you could see in the playoffs. One night he could get 23 points and 9 boards. Then the next night he will get 2 points. Yeah, he is a good defender, but only on people smaller than him. He is a SF he needs to have a built body, not a skinny ass one.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not every SF needs to be built, that's not even his strength. He uses his IQ and feet to stay on his man.
If you wanna talk skinny then look at Rip, now that dude is skinny lol.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rip isn't as skinny as Tay lol.

And his IQ doesn't really help when he plays against guys bigger than him and more skilled than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%