Taylor Hall Out for the Remainder of the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
EDMONTON -- The Edmonton Oilers will have to do without star rookie Taylor Hall for the rest of the season.

The Oilers said in a release Friday night that Hall suffered a high ankle sprain when he fell at the end of his fight with Columbus forward Derek Dorsett on Thursday.

The 19-year-old will be out of action for eight weeks.

"I'm obviously very disappointed with the MRI results today, however I know this isn't going to slow me down," said Hall. "I'm hoping for a quick recovery and can hopefully get back on the ice soon and get ready for next season."

Hall, who is in contention for the NHL's rookie of the year award, had a goal and assist prior to the second-period fight in a 4-2 win over the Blue Jackets.

It was the first-career fight for Hall, who leads the Oilers in goals with 22 this season along with 20 assists.

"Taylor is one of the most talented and competitive young players I've seen in the game," said Oilers GM Steve Tambellini. "Unfortunately he was hurt last night, but I'm confident he will work extremely hard through this injury to continue and grow as a true impact player for the Edmonton Oilers and the NHL. Time frame for rehab of his injury will give him plenty of time to have a solid summer of training to be ready for next season."

Hall's injury comes after Edmonton traded Dustin Penner to Los Angeles earlier this week and lost Ales Hemsky to a shoulder injury.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=356477

SMFH

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly

But oh well, they're not doing shit but getting high picks again. And we see that Taylor is a good ass player already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%