T-Mac to Detroit deal not close to happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
LAS VEGAS -- And now, for the latest addition to the growing stack of untrue rumors regarding Detroit and possible trades.

A report out of Detroit indicated the Pistons were close to getting a deal done that would land them Houston's Tracy McGrady.

Sources I spoke with this morning confirmed that the story is not true. In fact, the two teams haven't had any type of talks with each other in quite some time. Last I checked, telepathic deals aren't allowed in the NBA.

Maybe this rumor was planted to get both sides talking again.

But the more I think about it, that doesn't make a lot of sense. The Pistons already have expressed interest in McGrady. Houston knows what players are available. There's not a whole lot of back-and-fourth talks that need to be had at this point.

As I wrote about earlier this week, Denver's Carmelo Anthony and McGrady are two players that Detroit have a lot of interest in. Their efforts to land Anthony didn't work, but that doesn't mean the two won't resume talks at a later time. The same goes for potential talks in the future with Houston about McGrady.

I'll continue to keep you abreast of how all this plays out. But as of 10:30 Friday morning, the Pistons are not close to trading for McGrady.

I will have some reports later on tonight following Detroit's first summer league game against the Los Angeles Lakers.

As I mentioned in my Cheikh Samb story for today, tonight's 8 p.m. game will be on NBA TV, or you can see its webcast on nba.com which will begin at 8:30 p.m.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Detroit needs to get a deal done quick. Unless we get a star back like Melo or T-Mac I don't see us dealing.

It would probably take Billups and Sheed to get T-Mac.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
More prolly, Detroit ovevalues Sheed's trade value sooo much...

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Plus the Rockets are in no mood to rebuild, with Yao they could've been the best team in the West last year...

.loggie

Reaction score
Plus the Rockets are in no mood to rebuild, with Yao they could've been the best team in the West last year...
agreed. they tore apart the lakers last year during the streak without him although the lakers didnt have bynum either but to be fair, yao >>> bynum.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Meh, I don't think so. Sure they went on the 22 win streak and all, but they wouldn't have went past the first round like always.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Are you serious? They won 2 games in the round without him, with him they probably would've been like the 3 seed and drawn Phoenix in the first round. Like loggie basically said, they went on a 22 game streak without the best center in the West, and you don't think they would've contended with him?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really didn't even know we wanted to get him?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can tell u for a fact no truth to this --- this story was strongly DENIED by Houston tonight on the news..
in fact, the GM laughed that Detroit had anything even comparable in trade value that Houston wanted

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love T-Mac, but I'll laugh when he get re-injured again this season. The Detroit will laugh at Houston's GM. haha

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just said I love T-Mac. He is my favorite non-Piston.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm convinced if injuries never hit him he'd be the best player in the NBA right now...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh, maybe best scorer. I don't know about best complete player though.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
I don't think Pistons will be getting T-Mac.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
agreed. they tore apart the lakers last year during the streak without him although the lakers didnt have bynum either but to be fair, yao >>> bynum.
Also during that streak/game, Gasol was injured. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%