Sutters on hot seat with Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sutters on hot seat with Flames

ANAHEIM -- Is Brent Sutter's job on the line?

Is Darryl Sutter's?

Only the Calgary Flames ownership group can answer those questions about the aforementioned head coach and GM, but times are tense around the team as it prepared to face the Anaheim Ducks Friday night.

The situation has to be wearing on the powers that be, but Brent Sutter said he's not thinking about his job security.

"It's pro sports. When you get into this business, you understand the circumstances. My focus is the hockey team and I hold full responsibility for how the team plays," Sutter said after his team's optional skate.

"That's your job as a coach. That's what is on your shoulders on a daily basis. I don't dwell on it. I don't sit around thinking about it. You can't worry about things you don't control. We just have to stay focused on the task at hand."

The players aren't oblivious but are trying to stay focused instead of worrying about the pressure on everyone.

"You can't tell me there isn't pressure on a doctor performing surgery on a person rushed in for a traumatic brain injury," said forward Brendan Morrison. "There's more pressure on that doctor than on us. At the end of the day, we've got a pretty good life.

"Pressure is how you deal with it. It is tight at times, but other times, it's great. I'm a big believer that when you're having fun at the rink you have more energy, it leads to more excitement and it's easier to work harder.

"When you're thinking too much, it wears on you, and it's tough to get that jump and tough to get going on the ice."

-SLAM! Canoe

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
about <Censored>ing time, Darryl has been ruining the flames

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
+1
He should have been fired after that Jokinen and Tanguay signing.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
+2

He also got raped on Phaneuf trade, especially considering two of the four players that were traded to the Flames are gone lol. And we still have all three, one who is young (Aulie) and potential top four defenseman. Sjostrom became a great penalty player, and Phaneuf is now our captain. SMH at Darryl.

And then there is the whole Jokinen fiasco

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
he should've been fired after he changed the team into the leafs

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This team should of turned over a new leaf and started to rebuild. Iginla was willing to accept a trade in order to help the franchise start over & fans were calling for a major changes. Instead of doing what makes sense, Sutter spends more money on veteran players who are past their prime. Was this team an Olli Jokinen away from playoff contention? Of course not...so if they're going to be a bottom of the division team, why not do it while rebuilding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%