Stephen Jackson says Baron wants to go back to the Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.contracostatimes.com/sports/ci_...7156?source=rss
LOS ANGELES — The Warriors came to Hollywood a day before Sunday's game, so you can probably imagine how swingman Stephen Jackson spent his Saturday. That's right, hanging with former teammate Baron Davis, one of Jackson's best friends.

What you might not imagine is what Jackson talked to the Los Angeles Clippers point guard about: Davis coming back to the Warriors.

"That's all we talked about," Jackson said. "I went to his house, spent some time with his mom and his grandmother. He wants to come back. And if he wants to come back, I want him back."

After talks about a contract extension with the Warriors stalled, Davis opted out of the final year of his contract in July and signed a five-year, $65 million contract with the Clippers. Davis has said he never wanted to leave the Warriors but chose the more secure option. Things haven't gone so well with the Clippers. After losing to Dallas at the Staples Center hours before the Warriors took to the court, the Clippers are 8-21.

Jackson said he's going to be the president of the "Bring B.D. Back" campaign. It is feasible that the Warriors and Clippers could pull off such a deal. It would have to involve swingman Corey Maggette (for salary cap reasons) and/or guard Jamal Crawford (to make room in the backcourt).

Clippers owner Donald Sterling had said publicly last season that he wanted Maggette around long term. And Crawford, or even point guard Marcus Williams, would fill the Clippers' hole at point guard, if Davis were to go.

"I think that would be great for us," Jackson said. "Coach loves him. Him and (guard) Monta (Ellis) have good chemistry. If they could work that out, that would be great for the organization."
wow what do you guys think of that?
it would have to be something like Marcus Williams and Magette for Baron

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Baron Davis has always been one of my favorite players to watch, but he really jumped the gun this past offseason when he left for the Clippers.

I would have waited to see Brand re-sign and then would have signed with them.

But I doubt the Warriors would bring him back, I mean they are too stacked at the guard/forward position. Crawford, Ellis, Jackson, Maggette, Bellinelli, Watson, etc...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I was Baron I would want out too, he was all pumped to play with Brand then Brand decided to go elsewhere.

Though going back to GS isn't much of an upgrade from his Clipper team lol.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah but he's having problems with Dunleavy and his system.
Baron plays better in a free system like Nellie'

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
True. Sad thing is on paper, the Clippers look like a playoff team.

Kaman
Camby
Randolph
Thornton
Gordon
Davis

Then some others.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
their bench is pathetic

Mardy Collins? Steve Novak? Ricky Buckets? Brian Skinner? Jason Hart? Fred Jones? Paul Davis? DeAndre Jordan?
Mike Taylor is nice, but thats it

i love seeing them suffer though lol. they got blown out last night to a Dirk-less Mavs. I know Randolph and Kaman weren't playing, but damn 20 points!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%